PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be nice...

Scraper
09-27-2000, 01:58 PM
if everyone filled out their profile information? I've noticed that more and more people are not filling out their profiles. It really helps, when asking a question or responding to a question, to see where a person is from. Heck, you don't need to put your street address, just your general geographic region. What I'm getting at is when someone asks "How much should I charge for this?" how can we answer or how can we judge whether what we read in responses is what we can charge if we don't know your market area? For example...I am certain that I can get away with charging more for services in the Philadelphia Metro area than someone can make for those same services in say Dry Creek (made up so as not to offend anyone :)), Nebraska.

C,mon y'all...let's fill out those Profiles and let's be honest! We're all here to reap the rewards of this great site!

CCSwanson
09-27-2000, 02:30 PM
I re-posted all my info

KirbysLawn
09-27-2000, 06:06 PM
Yea Scraper, I agree. Really would like to have a little idea about who I'm dealing with, even if it's not true.

MOW ED
09-27-2000, 06:51 PM
I thought you were gonna finish the Beach Boys song but I got to tell you that you are absolutely right.

When I go to respond to a question from a new member I first look at the profile for some of the same reasons you listed and if nothing is there then I think twice about answering. It doesn't take much. At least put in the State.

Eric ELM
09-27-2000, 06:57 PM
I agree 100%. You just saved me from making a simular post. That is one thing Chuck and I was talking about a few days ago. Even if you guys just put in the state you live in or which corner or side of the state would even help more. Also, Please put in an Email address that is legit. I have gotten mail from some of you and when I try to mail you back, I get it returned as undeliverable.
Please guys and gals, fill in your profile and yes, you can still do it. Just go up to the top right and click on profile and go do it. THANKS

SMB
09-27-2000, 08:40 PM
I've been a member since June and I don't have all the info in my profile as new members, such as "how you found LawnSite?" What is it?

turfman99
09-27-2000, 09:09 PM
Done deal. Good suggestion.

Jusmowin
09-27-2000, 10:45 PM
Just finished my profile, I hpoe it helps

landscaper3
09-27-2000, 11:12 PM
Very good post scraper, I hope everyone can update there profiles. This forum has the nicest people to talk with and ask questions lawn related or not, Thank you everyone

Scraper
11-03-2000, 11:51 AM
Just thought I'd mention this again!