PDA

View Full Version : Any 61" Wright Standers out there?

lawrence stone
09-27-2000, 06:38 PM
Any feedback available on this machine?

Speed?

Quality of cut?

Trimming capabilities?

little green guy
09-27-2000, 09:04 PM
no realy, i don't know about the Wright Standers but I have used the great dane standers alot and there awsome, good cut, good speed and they are very manuverable. Get A great Dane there awsome,If i can Find a dealer in Jersey that has them I'm getting one.

bob
09-27-2000, 10:28 PM
Stone, are you switching teams!?

BRL
09-27-2000, 10:45 PM
I have one but it is only 48". I will be getting larger one for next year. Fantastic machine! I have looked at the similar Grate Danes & there were things that I can't remember now that were definitely better about the Wright. The person that owned the Grate Danes showed me the things that looked better about the Stander. (He has 4 but has had a lot of problems with them & thinks he might switch soon.) I can ask him next time I see him if you want. This is my first hydro so I can't tell you how speed compares but it is of course much faster than the belt drives. Trimming will be great with a 52" or 61" because of the offset of the deck. The 48" trims well but could be better because the wheel base is 48" also. Quality of cut was great & is even better now with the double blades. Easy to service & maintain. E-mail me if you want, & I can put you in touch with a VP at Wright who can give you details about differences between GD and Wright machines & answer any other ?'s you may have.

script
09-27-2000, 10:51 PM
BRL.
How much does the 48" weigh? Thanks in Advance.
Bobby.

BRL
09-27-2000, 11:23 PM
640 pounds

jaclawn
09-28-2000, 07:19 AM
My only concern with those machines is scalping. With a WB, you can muscle the deck to go over bumps and humps. WIth a rider, you can raise the deck. Can't really do either with a Stander. They are manuverable though.

Of course, if you are only cutting ball fields, the scapling issue is null.

MRPLOW
09-28-2000, 01:00 PM
I too thought they would scalp haveing gone from 48 inch walkbehinds to 52 Wright. But the rear wheel are much bigger and wider than a walkbehind so they don't drop into uneven spots at all. I like my machine but think it needs a bigger engine, only got a 16 B&S for a 52 inch.