PDA

View Full Version : invoices

mikeymike
07-01-2003, 07:19 PM
For the part timers here how do you do your billing/invoicing? Anyone got a copy of an invoice that they use that they can post?
I do this part time and I have 1 regular customer whose yard I did last Thursday and I have not been paid for. I think I may need to start leaving invoices after I finish my work for customers who are not home when I finish.

sprout
07-01-2003, 07:42 PM
You can get a cash sales receipt book from any office supply store.

Write in something like, Lawn Mowing------------------$25.00
Be sure to put all your basic info., place in envelope and leave it at the door. I use to tell people that I would stop back and pick it up. Hope this helps.:D

o-so-n-so
07-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Mike..E...mike, I went down to the local printing shop and had some invoices printed with my company info at the top. These will work well in your situation. I also keep self addressed envelops in the truck along with scotch tape. When I do a job that requires a bill to be left, I put the bill in the self addressed envelop (don't lick) along with a couple of business cards and I tape it to the glass on the front door. I also use the tape to tape business cards to the door (glass only) when making estimating calls.

When I do monthly billing, I use a computer program for this and make my own invoices.

cajuncutter
07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
My father is a programmer, he made a program for me. At the end of every month I simply plug in numbers and bill accordingly.

leadarrows
07-01-2003, 08:24 PM
I will try I don't know if this will work.I tryed scaning an excel invoice for you. Is this what you want?

Firefighter Dave
07-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Mike... here is what I used. I like the calandar option, I could highlight what day I took care of the cust. yard.

:blob2: :blob2:

Dave

Well I can't send it.... it's in MS Publisher, and Lawnsite won't let me send that kind of file. Leave your email and I will send you a copy.

jsr2741
07-01-2003, 11:34 PM
I use invoices from Nebs. They have a generic invoice you can have them print your company name on or they have a pre-printed lawn maintenance invoice you also can have your company name printed on.

GLS
07-02-2003, 12:16 AM
I use quickbooks. I just send out an invoice once a month. The program makes it easy.

If you are getting paid in person and they are not home, you can print off a little sheet that says "we missed you..." and leave a space for the date, time, amount, and an address to send a check to.

Live4Mowin'
07-02-2003, 12:37 AM
ive never done invoices before and i have a question. do you let the customer keep the invoice or do you have them mail it back to you?

The Green Way
07-02-2003, 01:21 AM
EDITED - ADVERTISING....

COMPANIES CANNOT ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE UNLESS THEY ARE A SPONSOR.

cajuncutter
07-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Live4Mowin'
ive never done invoices before and i have a question. do you let the customer keep the invoice or do you have them mail it back to you?
I print out 2, 1 for them the other for me. When the customers check comes in I mark my copy PAID. Also another really cool thing I like about the program I use is I can save the bill as it is going to be printed in HTML format and send it via E mail. I do this with 7 of my customers. But I still print out a hard copy for my records.

C & T
07-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Quickbooks is the answer. You can do monthly billing or weekly. It keeps track of expenses, it works right along with business bank account information, etc... You can also scan your logo and put it on the invoices or even use Publisher to put it on envelopes on the return address location.

I always put a net of 2wks to pay the bill on monthly and weekly accounts.

parkmaster
07-03-2003, 11:03 PM
I use Quickbooks for sales and billing. I also use adams invoices
when I do a job I leave the yellow copy with the customer of what was done on the job. If the customer pays I write on the bottom of the invoice how they paid cash/check and date paid.

I use the invoice number as reference when I use quickbooks to bill and sales invoices.

If theres a disagreement in billing I have something to back it up.

you plant it
I'll maintain it

B&B LAWN
07-09-2003, 11:35 PM
check out gophersoftware.com

EmeraldLawncare
07-14-2003, 01:33 AM
i'v used clip for a couple of weeks, and it works great

Rustic Goat
07-14-2003, 02:45 AM
You have a computer, right. Use Excel or Word and make your own.
Takes 10 minutes, OK 20, still quicker than a trip to the office supply, turn your page set up to landscape, duplicate form so there are two to a page. Label one = return with payment, the other = for your records.
Print a supply.
You can get as artistic as you like and/or put in any info you feel like.
Usually left with a sizable amount of unused area, think up some promotions for existing customers and print them there. You can change these as often as you'd like.

Expert Lawns
07-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I buy the generic ones from Office Depot. You get 3 copies. I mail one to the customer and when they send the check back to me, I mark down the date received, check number and the amount. Then I rip out the second copy for my records and leave the third copy in the book for a quick reference if I need it. It's easy to be organized this way. When I have some extra money, i'm going to buy some custom invoices from Nebs.

J.Henderson
07-17-2003, 08:02 PM
I invoice and do staements with Quicken for Business. I can also do payments, expenses, taxes and balnceing checkbook with it. Been very happy so far with it.

GLAN
07-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Quickbooks Pro with the Clip for Quickbooks.

That's how I have time to be here :D

Lawn Lizards
07-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Quickbooks.... cake....

Team Gopher
07-21-2003, 07:04 PM
We welcome you to try our product Gopher 2003. It links with quickbooks.
Check out our user help forum for tech assistance. Any and all feedback you have is appreciated.