PDA

View Full Version : Content of A logo

Cooper Landscaping
07-02-2003, 09:30 AM
I have recently been thinking of designing a logo. Ive done some sketches but they all seem to be the same old same old with the Company name and a tree. In other threads you have mentioned how the tree would give the idea that youre a tree service, and im not. I was looking for ideas of things to include in the logo other than just business name.

Im on an exchange program in Japan, and althoguh i dont understand Japanese i still have to go to school. :rolleyes: Thats 6 hours a day i have to work on the design of the logo so any help is appreciated. Im looking for ideas of what to use in place of a tree and any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance
-Coop

Cooper Landscaping
07-03-2003, 05:28 AM
anyone??

GreenQuest Lawn
07-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Honestly do a search on logo design (not on LS but on the web).. Go to these logo design companies and look through their portfolio.

Just because we are lawn cares does not mean our logos have to have anything to do with trees,grass,ect. A simple design can work.

I was not going to have anything relating to lawn care on my logo but when I saw this one I liked it.

Heres mine.

Cooper Landscaping
07-04-2003, 06:14 AM
GreenQuest-
nice logo and thanks for the reply- ill look on the web asap

anyone else?

-Coop

lbmd1
07-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Coop,
on the web,go to *********** For as little as $50, a group of very talented graphic artists will compete for designing your logo. You can search the already made and winning designs there to see the quality and maybe get some ideas.

Mike

Cooper Landscaping
07-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks- i was kinda hoping to design it myself tho- but this may be a better option thanks
-Coop

AltaView
07-04-2003, 04:52 PM
I just used them to have mine done. It is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(just not spelled out and no spaces). I went through many submissions and finally chose this one.

AltaView

Cooper Landscaping
07-05-2003, 04:43 AM
thanks Altaview- is the $50 a standard rate or are ther other hidden fees involved? thanks
-Coop

AltaView
07-05-2003, 01:28 PM
The $50 is the suggested minimum but I have seen contests for $40 on up. For the $50 contest there was a $5 fee for the site that hosts the contest. That brought the total to $55 out the door with the finished product in whatever file formats I needed.

Kevin

Cooper Landscaping
07-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Altaview

thanks- is it satisfaction guaranteed? if not what if i dont like any of the images-- thanks

-Coop

Rooster
07-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Coop-

You might incorporate a special saying with logo, like "Make your lawn SUPER with Cooper". Or something similar just to have a change from the traditional tree, grass, mower pics on business cards.

Rick

Cooper Landscaping
07-08-2003, 04:40 AM
Haha Rooster I like that lol
Thanks
-Coop

AltaView
07-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Cooper, it is satisfaction guaranteed. You really don't have to worry. This is the smoothest experience on having something like this done I have ever had.

Cooper Landscaping
07-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks Altaview ill look into it.

thanks again
-Coop

Paradise Landscapes
07-13-2003, 09:27 PM
I once had an exellent idea.
Go to your county Joint Vocational School and talk to the Graphic arts teacher. Explain a contest for a designed logo. The best logo that a student came up with, Give that person $50.00 for being best pick. (That should let you buy the rights of that art-work for the logo) Put that in the newspaper for an advertizement.

Scraper
07-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Was it really necessary to edit out the web address for that site? Not like it causes Sean to lose any money, let alone gain. Those people over there are individual artists and I think the owner of that site makes a pittance. Maybe Sean and them can exchange banners? Seems like a small price to pay for the service they can provide the members here. Last time I checked, Lawnsite had no designer sponsors.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Scraper
Last time I checked, Lawnsite had no designer sponsors. www.turfmarketing.com

Scraper
07-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
www.turfmarketing.com

And you would really interpret them to be logo/graphic designers? Maybe clip art afficianados. LOL

AltaView
07-16-2003, 02:54 PM
I did not know that turfmarketing was a sponsor and really do not think they are comparable after looking. But I don't make the rules....sorry Sean.

AltaView

LAWNGODFATHER
07-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Scraper
And you would really interpret them to be logo/graphic designers? Maybe clip art afficianados. LOL Wheather it be clip art or grafics, the question still remains answered.

http://www.turfmarketing.com/turfmarketingagency.htm

Scraper
07-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Whatever...those who are interested will find the other site either way.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-21-2003, 12:26 PM
I found it, but I know where to look to see DO's web site.

GreenQuest Lawn
07-21-2003, 01:06 PM
I know we can not post the link but just E-mail me and i will pass the info on. I realize there is a sponcer that designs logos but you have to put up some serious cash and they do not even show you examples of their work.

AltaView
07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Same here.....I have used DO's site and can refer anyone interested to the site.