PDA

View Full Version : Lunch?

script
09-28-2000, 12:48 AM
Do you guys stop and eat lunch or work right through? I know that health wise you should eat, but I seem to have more energy on days when I work through lunch than on days that I stop and eat. Also, what do like to eat after that long day? Personally I like a good steak or a big plate of red beans and rice with hot sausage. Just curious.

Bobby

landscaper3
09-28-2000, 12:51 AM
I try to finish the job we are on then bring the guys to get sandwiches at a local store (always my treat) no expense but my guys like that there gettin a free lunch.

BUSHMASTER
09-28-2000, 01:09 AM
park the truck walk into the bk after lunch rush, jump in the truck and eat it before the next stop..........

Cutter1
09-28-2000, 02:28 AM
We usually stop for a sandwich somewhere. Like Landscaper said its always my treat too!!! YOu may pay for lunch, but to keep your employees happy, its worth it.

eslawns
09-28-2000, 02:49 AM
Lunch, doughnuts & coffee in the morning. All my treat. It's only me and one guy, but it keeps him happy. Every once in a while I'll get him a gift certificate from Outback or Red Lobster. He says if I give him cash, he'll just blow it. I always want to take a nap after I eat.

Richard Martin
09-28-2000, 05:41 AM
If you're getting tired after you eat lunch then try to cut back on the amount of food you eat at lunch.

jaclawn
09-28-2000, 07:45 AM
I guess that there IS such a thing as a free lunch.

I will only eat out 1-2 times per month. My route is close to home, so I will either stop at the house, or take my lunch with me.

$5 per day @ a fast food resturant, times 5 days per week = $25/week. $25/week times 35 weeks per season=$875.00 to eat unhealthy food. No thanks.

MOW ED
09-28-2000, 08:36 AM
I eat in between jobs while driving down the road. ! sandwich and some chips or cheetos and a can od diet pop(?)
I have it planned into my longest drive which happens to be around noon.

By the way, I wouldn't care to be trimming or riding with you after a night with those beans and sausage;)

Eric ELM
09-28-2000, 08:49 AM
We mow about 4 lawns and then go out to breakfast at a sit down resturant. MowEd knows where it is and can varify it is good food and plenty of it. We have found that the food is much better there than a fast food place and about the same price. It's rediculas how much the fast food places cost to eat now and all that grease isn't to good for you.

Runner
09-28-2000, 09:43 AM
Eric, It sounds like you're like I am. I don't usually get an appetite until around mid morning. My only problem is when I go without eating, I REALLY get run down. I don't expect my equipment to run without fuel, so I SURE don't expect my body to either.

eggy
09-28-2000, 11:08 AM
I go to my freinds house, his wife has lunch waiting...then...hahahaha...no i grab something at the house all my accounts are maybe 2 miles from it....very lucky somdays within 1 mile......

Toroguy
09-28-2000, 11:23 AM
If I stop I usually hit the bargain places. Taco Bell has the border tacos 2 for $.99, or McDonalds has the double cheeseburger for $.99 or Wendys has the double stack for $.99. If Im hungry it costs me $2.11 with tax. Always bring your drink, thats where they make the money. Or bring an old cup from home for the restaurant your planning to dine at and refill it for free:) I have been trying to improve my Karma and have discontinued my soda theivery, so I drink water instead.

MOW ED
09-28-2000, 05:57 PM
Eric If I lived down there I would be as big as a house and I would need the 2 engine Chopper to get me around. I will definately be back to eat there but I certainly dont know how I would work after a meal like that.

Charles
09-28-2000, 07:48 PM
You need to alway stop and eat at lunch time. Take at least a 1/2 hour lunch between the hours of 12 and 130. Your body burn so many calories and nutrients on this job. You need to replace them to stay healthy and energetic. Like said above, eat lite. I eat just one turkey sandwich and some chips. No ham, it has way too much salt. Also, drink something with sugar in it to keep your sugar level normal. When I first started alot of times i skipped lunch and lost so much weight and energy. it was just not worth it.

Getmow
09-28-2000, 08:25 PM
Well, everyone's metabolism is different. For me it is two dunkin donuts and a coke mid morning, chips, a donut and a coke in the afternoon. I will stop and let the help get a burger if they want. By supper I am ready to eat. I figure I make up for the lost food at the firehouse.

bob
09-28-2000, 08:46 PM
No lunch stop for me! The days that I have help, it's my treat all the way. But you'll have to eat it between jobs. I'll stop 2 or 3 times in a day for drinks and snacks!

Lawnnorder
09-28-2000, 09:49 PM
Smoke and a coffee..........not that's livin!!!

cutntrim
09-28-2000, 10:55 PM
How the hell can you guys skip lunch? I don't go 2hrs without eating. My partner and our employees generally follow my example and carry large lunch coolers and fill 'em with sandwiches, fruits, juice drinks, and baked treats. We stop for 30min every day and eat in a park or in an airconditioned food court in a mall. Very rarely eat take-out crap. 'Cause it'll give you the craps! Remember what mom says, "you are what you eat".

mdb landscaping
09-29-2000, 09:01 PM
i usually make my way to a local convenience store or bring a small cooler to eat on the run. hope this helps

dhicks
09-30-2000, 09:02 PM
Sometimes I hit the 7-11 and grab two death dogs and coffee. Then on other days, I'll hit the Olive Garden and do the salid thingy. Then there are days that I'll work straight through. I don't advise working without lunch.