PDA

View Full Version : When do you send out How are we doing letters?

Matt'slawncare
07-05-2003, 09:15 PM
I was wondering does anyone use the How are we doing? letter template from lawncaresuccess.com? Also when is the best time to send out the letter to the people?

NCSULandscaper
07-06-2003, 12:54 AM
i say if we do not recieve any calls from customers complaining then we are doing our job just fine. No need wasting money mailing out letters to find that out.

ElephantNest
07-06-2003, 08:39 AM
I disagree. A letter asking them what could be done to better suit their needs is a way to keep that customer for life.

Fvstringpicker
07-06-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm big on quality improvement. I send my first out after 1-2 months service. I want to correct any problems right up front. If it comes back with no problems, generally once a year

Matt'slawncare
07-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your information!! I will send mine out in a week or two.

gogetter
07-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
i say if we do not receive any calls from customers complaining then we are doing our job just fine. .

According to some recent articles in the industry magazines, they say the exact opposite.
I don't have one in front of me to quote, but they basically say that most customers that are unhappy, quite without ever complaining to you first.

This means that just because you aren't hearing from them, doesn't mean they are happy. They just don't like to complain or be confrontational.

NCSULandscaper
07-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
According to some recent articles in the industry magazines, they say the exact opposite.
I don't have one in front of me to quote, but they basically say that most customers that are unhappy, quite without ever complaining to you first.

This means that just because you aren't hearing from them, doesn't mean they are happy. They just don't like to complain or be confrontational.

Well i get referalls from everyone of my customers and after every job i get them to inspect everything i have done and everytime they are pleased as ever, so why do i need to bother with sending out letters?

gogetter
07-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
, so why do i need to bother with sending out letters?

Sounds like you don't need to. I was just relaying some info that I had read recently. And since I read it in more then one article, it stuck in my mind.

NCSULandscaper
07-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by gogetter
Sounds like you don't need to. I was just relaying some info that I had read recently. And since I read it in more then one article, it stuck in my mind.

I wasnt arguing with you just lettin people know that you dont necesarely have to send out letters if you get feedback from your customers but you do post some good info about it because some people wouldnt think twice about it. Sorry if it came across wrong.

AztlanLC
07-07-2003, 09:10 PM
NCSU has a good business model, you have to stay in frequent contact with all your customers, drive around and make sure all properties are maintained the best, stop by your customers anytime you get a chance a simple how's everything? I just stop by to make sure things are done the way it's suppose to, Is there anything else that we might offer you?..... You'll be surprise of how much extra work you get, lot's of times customers want something ectra but they just don't remember to call

Use the How're we doing letter as your last resource.

Expert Lawns
07-08-2003, 01:22 PM
I would like to send them out just to let my customers know how much I care. Does anyone have a sample of what they send out? Is it more of a survey type layout or a letter asking them to write back with problems, concerns and complaints? thanks

dvmcmrhp52
07-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by AztlanLC
NCSU has a good business model, you have to stay in frequent contact with all your customers, drive around and make sure all properties are maintained the best, stop by your customers anytime you get a chance a simple how's everything? I just stop by to make sure things are done the way it's suppose to, Is there anything else that we might offer you?..... You'll be surprise of how much extra work you get, lot's of times customers want something ectra but they just don't remember to call

Use the How're we doing letter as your last resource.

I agree,customer contact on a personal level will get you all the info you need and usually gets more work in the long run.

daveatl
11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
If anyone is interested in having these letters outsourced I own a marketing company that specializes in this. It is very reasonably priced and will free you up to do what you do best. As business owners and managers I am sure your time is better spent elsewhere other than printing letters and stuffing envelopes. If anyone has any questions or is interested I can be reached at david_orsini@hotmail.com.

georgiagrass
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree with those who advise stopping by in person. It's not hard; just go by during your regular quality control patrols and, if they are outside, stop and say hello and chat them up. I've gotten tons of additional work and referrals from doing this. It also gives you a stronger bond with your customers because you are getting to know them personnally.

bohiaa
12-01-2007, 10:48 PM
yea I send them out about 1 month after sgining up a new customer Get a 80 % return.

this Q has been posted in the past, even sent my form

it works

Streamline
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I put letters in with my invoices about once a quarter. I have found that my customers like seeing something with their bill from me letting them know i am still concerned about the quality of job they are receiving. I use the letter templates in Quick books they work well and are done at the same time as billing.