PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm bringing back old news, but......

LazerZ101
09-28-2000, 05:11 PM
I'm a new lawn guy....I have tons of questions about commercial/residential lawn care. Somebody lead me to this site and I have already learned more than I have in the short 2 years I've been in business. I hold a full time desk job, but I cut about 15 yards a week to supplement my income. I am the owner of H&H LawnCare and bought a LazerZ the beginning of the season. Probably a stupid question, but how do I make my stripes lighter and darker like some of the yards I see other crews cut? Is there a roller attachment I can use? Or am I just stuck with my not-so-light and dark stripes? ANY help would really be appreciated.

Scott

Scraper
09-28-2000, 05:26 PM
If you told us where you were from we could tell what type of grass you were cutting. Fill out your profile better.

LazerZ101
09-28-2000, 05:31 PM
Here ya go! I'm in Westminster, MD

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
09-28-2000, 05:59 PM
Scott,
Are you lawns mostly fescue? If they are... just keep them blades sharp as possible. Maybe try the double blades if you want. They have more suction which bends the grass more.

Runner
09-28-2000, 11:40 PM
And stay on your same rows! I have so many people asking me about this on my jobs, and when asked, they say they don't even follow the same lines. Scott, you can do two things for reference. First, visit Eric's (Eric ELM) website, and you can go to, (believe it or not) Simplicity's web site. They also offer good tips on striping.

landscaper3
09-28-2000, 11:50 PM
ditto follow your lines. Check deck to make sure rear part of deck is not higher than front. Check out http://www.simplicitymfg.com

John DiMartino
09-28-2000, 11:55 PM
I notice that a nice thick,green fertile lawn has a much better stripe than an unfertilized,thin lawn.This is especially true with my Dixie,which has no roller.The steiner stripes well even in the thin spots.So long as grass is healthy and you stay in the exact same tracks,and in the same direction,you should have a great stripe with a Lazer.

RollerGoalieBoy
09-29-2000, 12:01 AM
Here check this out you might want to see this striping roller for your exmark.-http://www.yorksheet.com/prod02.htm:)

LazerZ101
09-29-2000, 11:43 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I've decided to buy that roller offered from "York Sheet Metal". Fortunately the shop is only a hour from my location so I'll be buying it this afternoon and will inform you all on the quality and construction of this roller for the Lazer. It's gonna be a long day here at the office! (I love new toys!)

Another question, I've just recently heard of double blading. Can someone enlighten me on what kinds of blades I need? I currently have 3 sets of blades I constantly rotate. They are all the same kind that the Lazer origionally came with. I'm really curious as whether I can use these same to double up or do I need to add a different blade on the top. Other threads I've read don't specify this for Lazer use. I have a 2000 model Lazer Z with a 25 hp Kohler 60" cut. Please again, I ask for your expertize.

Thanks once again

Scott
H&H LawnCare

cos
09-29-2000, 02:48 PM
Did you look at the Simplicity lawn tractor? Ask Eric Elm all about them......They are a fine and dandy machine.

:D

LazerZ101
09-29-2000, 03:22 PM
I checked out their website, but with my bulk of business being 3-6 acre yards, it would take me all day to cut with that 44" deck and 16 hp.
I would consider one if I had only my lawn to do as I've seen a few around town in action. Very nice piece of equipment, but I need to be more efficient.

Scott

Eric ELM
09-29-2000, 03:36 PM
You should be able to put double blades on your machine. Two stock sets will work just fine too to see if you like them. COS was just kidding you about the Simplicity, he is always kidding me about having one, but I don't. I haven't figured out why he does this, maybe just becos. :)

LazerZ101
09-29-2000, 03:45 PM
OK, NOW I get it....see, if he used the :rolleyes: I would have understood. Hey, you all have been extremely helpful these past couple days I've been a member here. I'll keep the questions coming at ya! I'm leaving now headed for York, PA to pick up that new EZ Roller the the Lazer. Posts will follow reguarding it's use/results. I wonder if the stripes will be any better if I use this with the 6 blades AND dragging a row of chains behind.....is this overkill? Email responses to veryspeedy@aol.com this weekend.

Scott

cos
09-29-2000, 04:50 PM
:rolleyes:

yeah lazer,

Don't mind me, It was a discussion prior that eric was going to sell his dixie's for those simplicities. All a joke of course. Ain't no way eric is going to part with his dixie choppers. Once in a while i post a goofy thread. I thought you red the one about the simplicities.

Good luck in your choices in the furure......