PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on summer slow release fertilizers

Decali
07-07-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm not real happy with my summer fertilizer product and am considering a change for next year. I treat 90% bermuda with the rest being fescue and zoyzia. In the past I've used various blends containing urea, SCU, ESN, Nutralene, and Super U. Results have always been OK but I'm looking to improve. What I want is a product that will give me 6-8 week viability, minimal surge growth and a reasonable price ($10-$13 per 50lb. bag). Is this possible? Any experiences or opinions are welcome.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Uflexx? If so, what do you think?

timturf
07-07-2003, 03:42 PM
use nitroform after green up, apply up to 8lbs per 1000 ( 3.04lbs of actual n per 1000) @ 30.00 per bag 38-0-0, but only one app and will last all season! good steady feed for warm season turf!

questions, email me

lordohturf
07-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Novex or Polyvex

These two products from Lesco will offer well over your 6 to 8 week window in some cases. You probably won't get in the $12 per bag range but you can get gradual symetrical feeding for up to 3 months. 800 321-5325 for dealer nearest you.

lordohturf
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
New Proucts from Lesco.

Novex will give balanced feeding for up to 3 months depending on what % crn ( controlled release nitrogen ) you use.

Right now if you buy 3 skids, get the fourth free. You will not get in the $10 to $12 per bag range, however.

Polyvex combines standard poly plus scu to novex for improved
feeding duration.

Call your closest Lesco Location for more info.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Lebanon, Howard Johnson, Lange, Simplot, United Hort Supply, Par Ex.

All of these can be found some where near you, theis guy must work for Lesco with the suggestions of Lesco over priced ferts.

I have been using Uflexx since last year with good results.

ChickensDoo
07-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Have been working with organic-based fertilizers for 2 seasons now and am very happy with the results. Our lawns shine in the summer compared to the competition..... email me if you want more info