PDA

View Full Version : Lesco '02 Motor Blew

lightning01svt
07-07-2003, 04:40 PM
I was cutting last Thursday, and noticed an abnormal vibration from the mower. I got off and inspected the mower. Tried to start it back up, and I noticed it did not sound right at all. I checked the oil. It showed no oil on the stick. Where did all the oil go? I check it all the time, and have not noticed any oil issues. I put it on the trailer and added a quater of oil. I started it again, and notice oil comming from the front of the motor, and dripping from the bottom.

Has anyone had this problem with a new Lesco Z two?

Thanks for the help.

J&R
07-07-2003, 06:23 PM
If it has a Kaw engine 23 hp with the A code there were a lot of those engine replaced.

Jason Pallas
07-20-2003, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear about that - we just divested ourselfs of our last two Lesco mowers last week - they were just such crap I coudn't take it anymore. Our ten year old buntons ran circles around them - soory to hear about your misfortune - if it's under the warranty period - they're real good about covering it - good luck.

mower_medic
10-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Kawasaki had a problem with the top bearing machined wrong and the unit was blowing out the top seal. They have been very good about replacing the complete engine under warranty. Pull the flywheel and check the top seal, if it's out then it is a warranty issue. Or take it to your Lesco service center. They have very good mechanics there and a wonderful tech support staff that is very helpful with warranty issues. I just replaced both transmissions and hydro pumps on a viper that was purchased in 1999 and they covered it under warranty.

UNISCAPER
11-14-2003, 11:01 PM
Quite amazing. Kawasaki is usually the master of excuses when it comes time to own up to fixing the junk they produce.

Maybe enough people complained and they did something about it....

wriken
11-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Jason Pallas
Sorry to hear about that - we just divested ourselfs of our last two Lesco mowers last week - they were just such crap I coudn't take it anymore. Our ten year old buntons ran circles around them - soory to hear about your misfortune - if it's under the warranty period - they're real good about covering it - good luck.

so what are you saying, Only lesco puts junk kaw motors on their bodies. Now what if lightning, would have said =I was out mowing the other day on my scay/exmark/dixie, it would have been allll of the kaw motors fought. I think this might be the motor manufactors fault, not the mower co's fault.

UNISCAPER
11-15-2003, 06:33 PM
We bought one on a Scag, 12 years ago...The camshaft turned into powder and was not warranteed...They (Kashwacki) gave the excuse that we used the wrong oil and that caused the problem, so, as we grew, we had bought 12 new mowers over a 6 month period..Every engine let go within the season...More claims of abuse were spewed.

I have a collegue in Baltimore who bought 33 mowers one season, all 12.5 flatheads. Within 3 months, every mower engine scattered...The excuse he got was that he used the wrong cleaning fluid on the deck when his mechanic did PM's. Leter that season, he and his mechanic were attending Kashwacki service school....

It was disclosed that there were a bad batch of air cleaners manufactured during the year his engines blew...

I would not have a Kashwacki engine on any machine I own...Goats would do a more reliable job and if they get tired, they would have the guts to own up to thier problems.

Kashwacki will not stand behind it's products in my experiences. They should just pack it up and go back to the land of the rising sun and stay there.

It is a shame when manufacturers with great concepts such as Wright, and good pricing such as Lesco and Landscapers Supply limit themselves to installing sub standard power such as Kashwacki. If they do, they should be held accountable when any engine manufacturer tries to pull a cutsie like I have listed previeously.

PrecisionLandService
12-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Lesco equipment is shitty IMO... they should stick to selling fertilizer

PrecisionLandService
12-30-2003, 11:58 PM
I buy Honda and Kawasaki only...... They are the best

SWD
01-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I just had an '02 Kawi motor go bad on a '02 Gravely 262ZTR 60".
Just finished my 7th oil change, was right around 300 hrs (where I work is very dusty) and the dipstick came out of the dipstick tube. Oil everywhere but in the motor.
Gravely is covering this under warranty, no questions asked - I'll get the machine back by the end of this week.
I run mostly Kawi motors, had an '97 12.5 one lung go over 2000 hrs with no problems.
The new v-twin 13 hp motors are much more smooth than the 12.5, and more fuel efficient.
I intend on continued buying of Gravely products, and where applicable, with Kawi motors.