PDA

View Full Version : bob-cat ztr

8bobcat
07-07-2003, 10:57 PM
I just bought a bob-cat z219 to mow my own grass with. I have about 3 1/2 acres. My question is what on average will the life of this mower be. I probably will put about 60 hrs a year on it. Also any tips on maintaining it and operation would be appreciated since I am a rookie with zero turns.

BigDave
07-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Congrats on the new purchase!

From what I've seen on this site, people commonly mention that their ZTRs have been taken past 1000 hours, and some even past 2000.

Doing a Search on this site will give you hours upon hours of reading on ZTR operation and maintenance tips.

One of the first things I learned about ZTRs is that they don't zero-turn well (one wheel forward and one wheel reverse) on any kind of slope. That's why on my property, I make a lot of tight turns and 3-point turns, but no true zero-turns. 3-point turns are still very fast on a ZTR. Also, be patient -- it takes a good amount of time to master operating a ZTR smoothly and without tearing turf.

Hope this helps.

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
07-26-2003, 10:34 PM
8 bobcat........ILL BET I KNOW WHERE YOU BOUGHT THAT MOWER AT...If you bought it in statsville.Thats my dealer as well.terrell is agood guy he will take care of you.

8bobcat
08-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Jacob, you are right that is where i bought it at. This is the first mower i have bought but have been buying weedeaters, blowers and parts for years. They are not the cheapest around but there service more than makes up for the extra $$$$.

Ax Man
08-05-2003, 05:09 PM
I put 1050 on a zt223, no problems what so ever. I got robbed on the trade in. Oh well, live and learn.
The bobcat should be a dependable machine for you. Have fun!