PDA

View Full Version : on-line/mail order aerators

ant
09-28-2000, 08:48 PM
anybody know were to get an aerator mail order/on-line?
like to pick up a 25" classen split reel.

anthony

beck
09-28-2000, 09:30 PM
turfco.com

I sent away for their free fall moneymaker kit. They sent brochures on aerating and overseeding as well as a folder with all of their equipment.

jaclawn
09-29-2000, 07:22 AM
I would think that the shipping would outweigh any cost savings.

powerreel
09-29-2000, 11:33 AM
or it would take 8 weeks to reach you and then it's past aeration time

gusbuster
09-29-2000, 03:13 PM
I recently ordered from turfco.com an aerator. One reason I went through them was that they had financing available. The financing was approved on the 4th of Sept., shipped to me on the 8th, received it on the 18th. 7 business days shipping time from Mn. to San Francisco area of California.

The only problems I had was taking the shipping crate apart and getting the throttle cable set properly. The machine worked great for me on the 23 clients that I used it on.

Cost: Starting 11-00, will be paying $83 a month for 24 months on the financing, but will pre-pay the loan next spring, so should come under the $1700.00 that I figured it would cost me.
John

Toroguy
09-29-2000, 06:16 PM
I just received a mailing from Turfco.

20" aerator $1580 $84/mo.
26" aerator $1905 $101/mo.

2 yr warranty

ant
09-29-2000, 07:34 PM
that turfco seems like a nice unit. i am looking for a split reel unit and i think turfco does not have one.
anthony

gusbuster
09-30-2000, 12:13 AM
Turfco, as far as I know doesn't do a split reel, but the unit I got works just fine for me. I'm very happy with it.:D
John

KirbysLawn
09-30-2000, 01:45 AM
Anthony, I used a Turfco unit 2 years ago, it did an ok job but I did not think it was heavy enough and it kicked my butt!

As you know I have the Classen TA-25 split drive, did a lawn (all bare dirt and a little weeds) for a guy who is planting plugs tomorrow, no rain in over a week and hard ground but still pulled 2+" plugs. This unit is HEAVY.

Call Classen and find a dealer near you. Even if you have to drive some, money spent on shipping or gas is up to you. I've used this unit for a week now and would not trade it for 2 Turfco's, Ryan's, or whatever.

We have a dealer here, drive on down to NC. :)

ant
09-30-2000, 06:02 AM
ray& gus: thanks for the response, ray, as you know i have that lesco 26" and i love it since i took the weight bar off. i still think the split reel is the way to go .the lesco is a well built unit and i think classen makes it for them, and the turfco is the same type of unit.
i spoke to the area salesman he gave me numbers of a few rental centers in my area that sells them, but they all wonted list price.split reel is is way to go.

anthony

"I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A LOT FOR THIS MUFFLER"