PDA

View Full Version : about me


bobbygedd
07-08-2003, 02:46 PM
i was born at a very young age. in those days, it wasnt as easy as it is now for you kids. you dont know how good u have it. i used to have to walk the mule 12 miles to get water from the well, it was so hot, most of it evaporated before i got back, and god forbid i drank any of it, dad would whoop my butt when i got home. i had to wake up at 5am, milk the goat, do my chores, and get off to school. if my homework wasnt done, the teacher would hit me with a stick, then dad would hit me with whatever branches were still on the tree. we were so poor, we couldnt even pay attention , then i got older, and started cutting grass. i walked 5 miles to my customers house, and mowed 6 acres with a rusty old pushmower, up hill, both ways. yup, life was tough, but it made me a stronger person. now, i have 16 customers, 2 rusty mowers, and dont have to walk my mowers anymore, thats right, i pull them with my huffy 10 speed that i stole...ummm, i mean bought last year. yup, life is good, and they said i would never amount to anything....

Ground Master
07-08-2003, 03:35 PM
You ought to franchise that system........you'd give chemlawn/trugreen a run for there money

rodfather
07-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
i was born at a very young age. in those days, it wasnt as easy as it is now for you kids. you dont know how good u have it. i used to have to walk the mule 12 miles to get water from the well, it was so hot, most of it evaporated before i got back, and god forbid i drank any of it, dad would whoop my butt when i got home. i had to wake up at 5am, milk the goat, do my chores, and get off to school. if my homework wasnt done, the teacher would hit me with a stick, then dad would hit me with whatever branches were still on the tree. we were so poor, we couldnt even pay attention , then i got older, and started cutting grass. i walked 5 miles to my customers house, and mowed 6 acres with a rusty old pushmower, up hill, both ways. yup, life was tough, but it made me a stronger person. now, i have 16 customers, 2 rusty mowers, and dont have to walk my mowers anymore, thats right, i pull them with my huffy 10 speed that i stole...ummm, i mean bought last year. yup, life is good, and they said i would never amount to anything....


ROTFLMAO...love the part about "up hill, both ways". You some kind of p/t comedian bobby???

J&R
07-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Why didn't you take the goat with you to eat the grass that way you don't need to cut it.

Swampbeast
08-03-2003, 11:48 PM
HA HA! LOL! :D I love the line, "We were so poor, we couldnt even pay attention" ha ha! thats great!

:cool:

lawnkid
08-21-2003, 09:58 PM
I see that it's funny to you American born citizens but my dad pretty much had to go through all of that and some people still do today. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Europe and seen some small towns but yeah us americans do truelly have it made he was born in Croatia in a small house on a famr. His family grew up poor and struggled to make ends meet. The had 6 cows and some chickens and everyday at 4:30 my father had to walk up to the pastures to let the cows eat, and then come back at 6,milk the cows, eat breakfast and walk to school in another neighboring village 4 miles away even during the winter months in the heavy spw from being in the mountains. They were beaten in school with tree branches but his parents only disciplined him if he did something horrible. Then when he got home he would work in the fields with his 2 sisters and mother and father for 2-3 hours and then eat supper. Eventually at age 12, my father came over to America where he and my family started a new life. This is a true story so again even though it may be funny to you, some people actually had to go through that.

Harley58
08-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Lighten up. We know that.

dvmcmrhp52
08-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Yepp lots of people been there.My grandfather came from croatia in 1923.

bobbygedd
08-27-2003, 08:06 AM
at least he had cows and chickens. if i wanted to eat eggs, i had to steal them from a birds nest.

GLAN
08-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Great Story Bobby................:)


This place wouldn't be the same without you......;)

rodfather
08-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by GLAN
Great Story Bobby................:)


This place wouldn't be the same without you......;)


Hey John, we need to get him on Letterman...whatcha think? Shoot, Roseann started that way.

GLAN
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Bobby has a hidden talent, that's for sure.........:)

I dunno about Letterman?
I think if he had the chance Letterman would definitely end up with a tear in his eye.....:D

mower_babe
08-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by GLAN
Great Story Bobby................:)


This place wouldn't be the same without you......;)

aint that the truth!!! bobby, we luv ya man!!;)

bobbygedd
08-28-2003, 07:54 AM
and lord knows mower babe, i love u too. from the top of your head, to the bottom of your flat, caloused feet. and i especially dig that bally button piercing.

mower_babe
08-28-2003, 08:54 AM
thanks, I think.

lawnman_scott
09-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by lawnkid
I see that it's funny to you American born citizens but my dad pretty much had to go through all of that and some people still do today. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Europe and seen some small towns but yeah us americans do truelly have it made he was born in Croatia in a small house on a famr. His family grew up poor and struggled to make ends meet. The had 6 cows and some chickens and everyday at 4:30 my father had to walk up to the pastures to let the cows eat, and then come back at 6,milk the cows, eat breakfast and walk to school in another neighboring village 4 miles away even during the winter months in the heavy spw from being in the mountains. They were beaten in school with tree branches but his parents only disciplined him if he did something horrible. Then when he got home he would work in the fields with his 2 sisters and mother and father for 2-3 hours and then eat supper. Eventually at age 12, my father came over to America where he and my family started a new life. This is a true story so again even though it may be funny to you, some people actually had to go through that.

Uphill both ways?

GarPA
09-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Rod even you got him a spot on Letterman, he wouldn't take it....why??...because if he collects what he says he charges in his business, he'll be into 7 figures in no time!!!