PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Racks on Big Tex trailers

Dstosh
07-09-2003, 01:52 AM
For those of us that have big tex trailers know that the top metal tube is just that a tube..I was wondering if a conventional trimmer rack will fit that even though it is round...Thanks</p> If there is one that does fit Please add a link

Tharrell
07-09-2003, 07:38 AM
I'd think they would still work with a tube top trailer but if not, you could weld a piece of angle to get a flat surface if needed.

CT18fireman
07-09-2003, 09:40 AM
If you tighten the bolts down it will work, though I have seen them wobbling down the road. I would go the angle approach. If you can't weld it then bolt it horizontally and vertically. Use the vertical bolts to bolt through the rack, angle and tube. This will give you a very solid platform.

mdb landscaping
07-11-2003, 01:18 PM
my first trailer was a 5 by 10 big tex trailer, and i did exactly what ctfireman suggested. I bolted them to the angle iron and to the tube..... never had any problems and were very stable.

glenjr10
07-11-2003, 09:50 PM
D,

I have a performance trailer with pipe top rails. I have just bolted the "Trimmer Traps" straight to the support posts, bottom about 3", and the top about10.5/11" (just under rail) I have not seen any problems with my setup, and it has worked out very well.

Good luck

longviewlawncare
07-13-2003, 12:25 PM
my greentouch racks attachfine to the top of my Texas Bragg. It also has a round top.