PDA

View Full Version : Now that's what I call a good customer

jaclawn
09-29-2000, 08:20 AM
I was doing a new front lawn install last weekend. It was from the ground up. I had everything done, except the topdressing with mushroom manure. Rain was in the forecast, and the skies looked it as well.

We were hurrying to get the manure spread, when the customer came out and said "it looks like rain" Yup. "What can I do to help?" He then grabbed a shovel and helped to spread the last 3 yards of mushroom manure.

IT is sure nice to have a customer like that. Things like that are what make this job nice. It was a nice change from the costomers that would complain about each and every little thing.

Now, if I could only get all my customers to act like him...

Stinger
09-29-2000, 10:33 AM
It's nice to know that Murphys Law doesn't allways rule. A customer like that sure helps to make up for the bad ones, there is a God!

BUSHMASTER
09-29-2000, 08:46 PM
does he have a brother or sister that need some lawn maintence work done? sound like he's a real nice person to work for ,tends to have a lot to do with the way thier rasie...glad you had that nice experience....

bob
09-29-2000, 09:54 PM
Maybe next time your cutting his lawn, he'll do all the trimming and blowing for you!

KirbysLawn
09-29-2000, 10:03 PM
That's great. I would return the favor on the next small job and tell him it no charge.

RollerGoalieBoy
09-29-2000, 10:15 PM
I would`nt Kirby because if you do that the guy might think oh goody I will help out again. Then he excepts free service next time, then you might lose that customer.:(

script
10-02-2000, 09:58 PM
I saw this thread and had to put my 2 cents in.I have a customer that is 76 years old and hired me just last year to start taking care of his lawn. Before that, he did it himself. Since then on several occasions he has gone through his back yard and raked up all the pine needles. Then one week, he trimmed the back yard and picked up the pine needlse. In the middle of the heat wave when i'd get behind he would trim the back yard and pick up the pine needles and cut the back yard. When I would explain that these were the things he hired me to take care of, he said "I hired you to maintain my yard, not kill yourself, so I did what I could, so you do the rest". I've tried many times to give him a cut in his monthly bill, but he would refuse and pay me in full. It is when these cutomers appreciate your work that make it worth pushing forward.

Thanks. Bobby.

slingshot
10-02-2000, 10:13 PM
yes its nice he helped . but when he tells his neighbors he had to do half the work it makes you look bad , alot of people are 2 faced and help then complain or want somthing in return down the road. they like to hold it over you and say remember that time i helped you you shouldnt charge me for this

FIREMAN
10-02-2000, 11:08 PM
WAS DOING A POND INSTALL FOR A CUSTOMER AND HE WANTED THE POND PITCHED TO ONE END...HIS THINKING IS THAT THE SILT WILL GO THAT WAY...ANYWAY...HE'S A NYC BIG TIME LAWYER..AND HE WANTED TO JUMP INTO THE HOLE WITH MY CREW AND DIG WITH THEM...WAS KINDA STRANGE...BUT HE IS COOLER THAN I EVER THOUGHT HE COULD BE...WE WERE JUST INVITED TO A PARTY AT HIS HOUSE...AS HE SAID TO ENJOY THE YARD WE CREATED FOR HIM...WHO KNOWS MAYBE SOME OF HIS FRIENDS WILL BE JEALOUS AND WANT TO REDO THEIR ENTIRE PROPERTY ALSO....