PDA

View Full Version : How much pressure?

T.E.
07-10-2003, 09:57 PM
I have a 200 gallon sprayer with 300 ft. of hose lesco gun,3.5 briggs,10gpm piston pump. The problem is there is not enough liquid coming from the gun.The question is how much pressure do you guys run? The pressure regulator is rated for 250 psi hose 600 psi

Thanks Tony

Grassmechanic
07-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Try increasing the pressure until the gun flows properly. Do it in small increments in case you have a blockage.

Mike

lordohturf
07-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Check to make sure your filter is clean. A clogged filter can ruin your pressure. Also make sure there is no blockage inside the take at the outlet. Leaves, paper or other obstructions will ruin pressure.

If you check all these things and make sure all valves are open,
and attempts to tighten pressure regulator don't work, you may want to rebuild plungers, valves, o-rings, etc on your pump.

If it's a Bean this is pretty simple.

135 lb. pressure is plenty for turf with the gun off. 50 to 100 lb.
pressure is plenty with gun on usually.

lordohturf
07-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Check to make sure your filter is clean. A clogged filter can ruin your pressure. Also make sure there is no blockage inside the take at the outlet. Leaves, paper or other obstructions will ruin pressure.

If you check all these things and make sure all valves are open,
and attempts to tighten pressure regulator don't work, you may want to rebuild plungers, valves, o-rings, etc on your pump.

If it's a Bean this is pretty simple.

135 lb. pressure is plenty for turf with the gun off. 50 to 100 lb.
pressure is plenty with gun on usually.

T.E.
07-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Hey guys thanks for the input on how much pressure. Let me update you on my spray rig. I bought this from a guy who said he needed the money, I think he needed more than that. He had the pump side of the hose going into the outflow of the pressure regulator, and the return hose going into the the gun. I should have paid more attention before I fired up the engine, needless to say I blew the pressure regulator apart , but it is running alright now.Do I need 135lb pressure? Lesco told me as long as I was getting 2 gallon a minute that the pressure really didn't matter. :)

walker-talker
07-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Yea...2 gallon a minute is what you want. I get it at around 20 lbs, but it's really hard to tell because the regulator has a 800-1000 lb guage:dizzy:

MATT