PDA

View Full Version : Very Large Account!!!!!

LoneStarLawn
09-29-2000, 10:28 PM
My partner works part-time at a retirement community as a security guard. He has been working there for many years. As of late the community is going to layoff the lawn and landscape crew based upon the lack of results. They plan on hiring a private company to handle the work and are leaning towards us in the future. The good thing is that the decision itself is based upon the residents ..a commitee(who all know my partner since he has been working forever there). The account will be a yearly account and is around $120,000 to $140,000 a year. Just wanted to know what to look forward to doing since this decision won't be made until the end of the year.

Barkleymut
09-30-2000, 08:35 AM
Thats a big account. Are they going to put it up for bid or just assign it to you? It could be very profitable if you and 1 partner can do it by yourself without purchasing too much new equipment. Also try to get a multiple year contract.

Getmow
09-30-2000, 07:22 PM
I agree with the multi year contract. There is always a concern when you put all your eggs in one basket. This sounds like it could be the gravy train that we all would like to get. price it out and go gor it.

Eric E.
09-30-2000, 08:20 PM
Don't base your whole bussiness on accounts like this, unless you don't need to make profits. Community associations change frequently, More so in a retirement community. There is usually no loyality to anyone company. A new committee and/or member and you could be out the door. Eric

LoneStarLawn
10-01-2000, 12:44 AM
getting a multi-year contract will avoid the change of leadership in the community..with the many years of service I believe our service will speak for additional years after contract.

FIREMAN
10-01-2000, 08:49 AM
You must comes out of that bid with a multi year contract , even if just to garauntee that you'll be able to afford the extra equipment that it will probably require and don't forget the labor factor...one word of caution....be extremely careful that everything you do there is 110%, as there will be a lot of people preasent all the time and in my expierience older people are more particular.