PDA

View Full Version : Lesco 3 way

hubb
07-13-2003, 01:29 AM
I was just wanting to know what anyone on here thinks of Lesco 3way?

Rustic Goat
07-13-2003, 02:10 AM
NOT!

LAWNGODFATHER
07-13-2003, 02:25 AM
There is better for less.

Email me.

ChickensDoo
07-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Check out Triplet (Riverdale) or Trimec (PBI Gordon). They're similar to the 3Way, and you might get a better price.

We have been using Battleship (Helena) for the past 2 years and are pleased with the results. It is a bit more expensive to use than the above, but is especially effective on hard-to-kill summer weeds.....

hubb
07-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Chickensdoo,
Where do you buy the Battleship or the Trimec and what are the active ingredients in the Battleship?
Thanks,
hubb

LAWNGODFATHER
07-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Trimec from US Turf/Outdoor or BWI Companies. Battleship don't know.

Strike 3 from G.R. Robinson Seed. Also check with MFA's

I have never got anything from Helena, but I know they sell Lebanon.

For the rest of you, look in the yellow pages, there are other suppliers around.

lordohturf
07-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Three Way, Trimec, Strike three, Mecamine D are all the same
components in a different bottle. Mostly made by Riverdale chemical.

Momentum, millenium, quicksilver, confront, turflon II are better
products.

ChickensDoo
07-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hubb
Chickensdoo,
Where do you buy the Battleship or the Trimec and what are the active ingredients in the Battleship?
Thanks,
hubb

Hubb,
You can get Trimec at any of the local dealers (as the Lawn Godfather suggested), like USTurf(Outdoor), BWI..... Get pricing on Trimec 922 or 899 (applicator formulas), as these tend to be a bit cheaper than "Classic".

I've found Triplet (a 3Way or Trimec clone) at $61 per 2.5 gal jug.

We have been using Battleship, more of a premium herbicide, which is a mixture of MCPA and Confront. Runs about $91 a jug.

Email or PM me for more info.

rvsuper
07-14-2003, 08:03 PM
I can get a gallon of Triplet for $42/gallon. This stuff works great on dandelions, and the viney weeds (knotweed, black medic, ect.) You have to mix a little higher for clover, though.

Mscotrid
07-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Products like Momentum, Millennium, and Battleship have about a years worth of life left on the market. You can throw Confront into the same category. Dow is having a voluntary label restriction to move Clopyralid from residential use.

Though other herbicides are being experimented with, look to going back to your old school 3way combos. There is not much difference but compare actives. The addition of Quicksiler should help reduce the amount of service calls you get.

The important thing for us to do is educate ourselves and educate our customers.

M

LAWNGODFATHER
07-17-2003, 11:58 AM
The info I got on that is that they are ammending the lable to specify not to compost the clippings, and by no means will the product be removed from the residential market.

Mscotrid
07-17-2003, 12:08 PM
The do not compost is already on the label. I'm not sure where you heard different. According to Riverdale rep, they are loading up on tech material and filling as many jugs as possible before the new labeling takes place.

M