PDA

View Full Version : Bagging Fee

jrblawncare
09-30-2000, 06:16 AM
I do not bag...but now that fall is in the air I will be adding the UltraVAC to my lazer and offering is to my clients.For those that keep me on a 10 to 14 day schedule and want me to bag..how much extra should charge for this service?The lots are under 5,000 sq.I'm to understand some guys charge per bag or dump.What do you think,THANKS JOHN

MOW ED
09-30-2000, 07:26 AM
As a rule I put a a fee of a buck extra per 1k for grass. Leaves are a different story depending on the number of trees per lot. If I am doing a fall clean on a property that is a customer the final clean is 4x the weekly rate and 6x if I am removing debris from the site. I have one account that I charge an hourly fee but this is an exception (20k estate and he wants it removed to the dump)
This makes for a nice check but a lot of work , even eith the Walker. Good Luck.

jrblawncare
09-30-2000, 09:46 AM
Thanks Ed,a buck per k sounds fair for grass,I think I will add more as the leaves start fall{they are starting to here}My idea is to bag on my weekly trip to keep the lots looking nicer though the fall...Final cleans will be more of course.Any other ideas?

Ocutter
09-30-2000, 03:38 PM
I usually charge $3 per bag.

SJR Lawncare
09-30-2000, 04:58 PM
I charge 50% more, a lawn that normally costs $30, now costs $45 bagged. They pay it too.
SJR

BUSHMASTER
09-30-2000, 11:34 PM
sjr's got the right idea ...just have a falll/ winter service charge if you charge $35 a cut and are still going in on a regular basis...charge $45-48 per winter/fall servies....i think we should be fair to the customer but i don,t think we have to explian every penniey to every minute ...some things still have to be in office formulas.
just my thoughts ya'll..

Twotoros
10-01-2000, 12:17 AM
Man you guys are lucky to live in Disneyland . Here in Yakima, Wa everyone expects bagging for no extra $$. On top of that the prices are low . I don't bag much but if they found out I'd get canned . I have in the past . On top of all that everyone wants it short and fertilizes like mad and then tries to cut off service when the going gets easy in the fall. Don't move here unless you are nUtZ. Say hi to Tinkerbell and Mickey and count your blessings.

eslawns
10-01-2000, 09:47 AM
50% more to bag if I can dump clippings "on site" but double fee if I haul away the bags. Double for leaves also, as long as it's weekly. Big cleanups can get pretty expensive. I know a few guys here that won't do a yard unless it gets bagged, but they are very expensive. I try not to bag, but do offer it as an option.