PDA

View Full Version : where can I find hangers?

LilRabbit
07-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I have been looking for a hanger to hold (2) string trimmers and a back pack blower to mount to my open trailer, but anything I found was over $100. Is there a cheaper place to purchase stuff like this, or should I just make something myself?
Thanks to everyone for all your great advise and opinions!!!

Cooper Landscaping
07-14-2003, 12:15 PM
LilRabbit-
Check Ebay i know right now theres 2 or three trimmer racks listed for 45 starting bid or 60 buy it now. Most guys on here will tell you just spend the extra money for the nicer racks- they will be more convenient and more secure than most you will find on ebay. As for making one yourself if you decide to study the designs of the really popular ones and use the search feature to find out what little things people like about theirs. Hope ive been a help lol
-Coop

Rustic Goat
07-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by LilRabbit
Re: where can I find hangers?

In the closet.

Equipment racks, anything you may purchase lower priced than you mentioned, isn't going to be worth having.
Do you weld or can you work with cutting and bolting metal? If you can, you should be able to construct equipment racks that would be at least adequate.

LilRabbit
07-15-2003, 08:59 AM
I am handy with a welder but I think you are right, I should spend the extra and get something that looks nice. (image means alot) Thanks for the help.....

A1 Grass
07-17-2003, 08:49 PM
To mount my trimmers inside my enclosed trailer I used (for each one) 2 L-brackets for shelving with a piece of 2x4 mounted on top. Then I screwed into the top of each a couple of rubber covered u-shaped wall-mount tool-holders. I then attached a small rubber bungee to the front one to hold down the weight and screwed them to the wall.

The trimmer sits horizontally (like other racks) and it and NEVER falls out.

Co$t = about $3.00 each

p.s. Hand held blower holders:

Standard plastic milk crate with a "U" cut out of 2 opposing sides. Mount it to whatever - blower sits nicely into it and will NOT fall out!

Co$t = about $2.00 each

A1 Grass
07-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Here's a pic of my CHEAP-O trimmer rack:

holew
07-22-2003, 02:21 AM
make you own, if you know someone or yourself is handy with welding do it yourself, hint angle iron works great