PDA

View Full Version : Will I be happy with Grounds keeper Pro?

2 man crew
07-14-2003, 10:08 PM
I have narrowed my choices for new software down to Grounds keeper Pro. I have limited time to demo all the software but have tried Gopher, and GKP.

I have ruled out Clip due to other negative threads from a search.

I like the software set up and final invoice on the GKP over Gopher.

I have not tried Qxpress or Lawnmonkey.

I currently service 175 residential customers and a few commercial properties with full service maintenance.

Next year I plan on expanding only the lawn treatment side. I hope to add 500 new application only customers.

Do you think GKP is the right choice for me. Or do I need to demo the other 2 programs? Also if anyone is servicing over 1000 customers with GKP your comments would be helpful.

AztlanLC
07-16-2003, 07:35 PM
I use gopher and I'm very happy with it, I tried GKP but it was just not right for me, If you're planning on adding 500 more customers there's much better program out there for that many customers, have you heard of reel green (I'm not 100% sure about the name) pricey, but worth it

walker-talker
07-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Try Qxpress or Lawn Monkey!

MATT

promower
07-17-2003, 11:54 PM
I use GKP. I love it and I hate it. Sometimes it seems like the thing has a mind of its own. For the most part its pretty good and quick to learn.

AltaLawnCare
07-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by promower
I use GKP. I love it and I hate it. Sometimes it seems like the thing has a mind of its own. For the most part its pretty good and quick to learn.

I agree, there are some things that could really be improved in the program. Mine has a error in it, sometimes, it will lockup.

With that many customers, a more "advanced" program might be better. Tracking accts recievable, and customer aging is a little difficult in GKP.

Lawn Lizards
07-21-2003, 01:21 PM
I used Groundskeeper Pro for a year and it worked really well, especially the scheduling part, but I grew out of it after that year and needed something in much greater detail, so I got Quickbooks and it has been AWESOME. You will eventually move on from GK Pro if you are growing steadily and if you focus on your management more and more.

Now, for scheduling, we made a nice spreadsheet in excel and have a binder for it. Works perfect. Good luck!

goose
07-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I like the monthly billing and routing part of Groundskeeper . I dont like the estimating part.

Team Gopher
07-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Try Gopher 2003. It's a great program for the small to large company. We are constantly fine tuning database performance to increase speed, which is important for larger companies with a large customer base. Companies with 500+ customers will find the program to work just as well as those with a smaller customer base.
If you have any questions or feedback on our product please feel free to use our user help forum.

Thanks

AztlanLC
07-21-2003, 11:03 PM
I love gopher 2003 and works real good.

But if you need it to link with quickbooks could painful somehow, specially if you have over 100 customers, aplaying the payments and changing sales tax and tell quickbooks that late fees charges are not taxable is a time consuming task.

Gopher has a link with quickbooks, just not a true (link) like QBexpress, but does routing and scheduling pretty good.

When I say not a true link I'm refering to the fact that imports invoices and payments to QB, but you have to make sure it imported the right stuff and you have to apply the payments manually, otherwise your sales tax are going to be wrong, invoices are exported with only one county as default, if you do work in multiple coounties you have to sort trought each invoice and change it manually, if you charge late fees in gopher, it will import the invoice with the sales tax wrong.

If only they could work a little harder in the link, gopher would be the standard program for this industry (I think), they also have a forum with a wish list, where you can post all your ideas.

Team Gopher
07-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for your feedback! Yes Gopher is a stand alone product that will work with or without quickbooks. Gopher has the ability to export your data to Quickbooks. That specific export issue was recently brought to our attention and we are working on an update to fine tune the export process.
Please visit our user help forum to keep us posted of your thoughts and ideas for our wish list. We are here to serve you.

MCGRAIL LAWN
07-27-2003, 07:20 PM
I LOBE GOPHER 2003

I WILL BE ORDERING GOPHER 2004 PLUS WITH THE BARCODE AND THE PALM PIOLT SOFTWARE.

CANT WAIT UNTILL IT COME OUT.

MT. GOPHER MAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN IT COMES OUT

promower
07-27-2003, 08:11 PM
I posted earlier saying GKP is pretty good. I'll just say that I just tried looking at my outstanding balances and I cant get into the program because of a registration error. Ive been using it for 6 months now, and all of a sudden my sofware isnt registered. Called customer service but I guess they arent open on sundays. Maybe I'll check out gopher, Ive actually started to have several problems with this sofware in the last week or so.

Team Gopher
07-27-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi Promower,

We would love to have your company using Gopher. If you have any questions, check out our user forum or give us a call.

OBRYANMAINT
07-29-2003, 09:04 PM
I am a four year user of groundskeeper pro and love the program...nobodys tech support is open on sundays!

i think there tech support has been over and above and would recommend the program to anyone

Team Gopher
07-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by OBRYANMAINT
I am a four year user of groundskeeper pro and love the program...nobodys tech support is open on sundays!

i think there tech support has been over and above and would recommend the program to anyone

We provide tech support for Gopher on the weekends. Sunday is one of our most important days since that's when a lot of our customers can finally sit down and use their computer.

QuadRacer041
07-30-2003, 08:30 PM
anyone have links to some of these company's,,,lawn monkey,gkp, gopher website's??

MCGRAIL LAWN
07-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Here is GOPHERs web site

http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.cgi?ref=1&page=welcome

QuadRacer041
07-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MCGRAIL LAWN
Here is GOPHERs web site

http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.cgi?ref=1&page=welcome

THANKS, keep em comming guys.

AltaLawnCare
07-30-2003, 08:56 PM
GroundsKeeper Pro (Adkad.com) (http://www.adkad.com/)