PDA

View Full Version : Advertising???

emil35
07-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Anyone have some ideas on how to advertise at a cheap price?

Thanks,
Emil
Emil's Lawn Service

Rex Mann
07-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I just signed up for an Internet yellow pages run by one of our local yellow pages, Qwest Dex.

Here's how it works.

For $30.00 a month, it would be less if I signed up for 6 or 12 months, they match people looking for specific services to businesses signed up. They, the customer, say what they are looking for and what the budget is. Qwest Dex only allows five contractors to respond. And, you do not have to respond if the job description doesn't't interest you.

I have been in it for only 2 days and already have a lead. I only signed up for a month to see how it would go. One sale would easily pay for the entire year.

Peace,

Rex

GLAN
07-19-2003, 10:22 PM
I tried a service like your describing. Can't remember right now.

I had to pay for leads that I accepted and once I accepted they sent me the contact info.

A pure waste. Spent money on leads for work that I do not do and for locations I would never go to. After a week of that I cancelled.

A1 Grass
07-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Door-hangers.

Get cheap ones, most go right in the trash. Here's a place I use for printing - haven't found any cheaper yet.

Door-Hangers-Direct (http://www.door-hangers-direct.com/printed-hangers.htm)

I pay .06 each for someone to hand them out, but I "piggy back" with a pizza place. You can do them yourself or whatever. The reason I like them is ALL my customers are within about 2 miles of my house!

T.E.
07-24-2003, 01:49 AM
Check the local ordinances of the city that you are wanting to put door hangars out in. They are illegal in my city. They say it says hello nobody's home. :)