PDA

View Full Version : Application of Liquid 28

tfike
07-16-2003, 07:09 AM
I have about a Three-acre lawn, wide open. I have become obsessed with keeping it looking itís best. I applied Broad Leaf treatment earlier this spring as usual and have things cleaned up pretty good. I have notice that as the summer goes on I have a few new weeds appearing. My question is this. Can I tank mix my broad leaf spray with liquid nitrogen (28)? If so, what is the recommended tank mix using my 25 gal.sprayer? (Liquid 28/H2O) Iím thinking that the 28 will deepen the green, and besides I have easy access to it. I applied a slow release high nitrogen fertilizer about 4-6 weeks ago, but want more green. My lawn is 50% Blue Grass, 25% Rye Grass, 25% Creeping Red Fescue, Mowed at 3.75Ē I use Triplet Broad Leaf Herb. by Riverdale. If Iím crazy, just tell me so. Thanks!

LAWNGODFATHER
07-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Just blanket the lawn with liquid iron. Don't miss it will show.

Or use Ironite, or Perk.

Using straight urea or nitrogen will fry it faster than you can apply it and you will be asking for problems.

Then spot spray with broad leaf.

I have no idea what that 28 is.....

Mscotrid
07-17-2003, 11:49 AM
tfike,

A thing to remember your fertilizer should be watered in for optimum performance. You will get some foilar uptake but you will enhance the result with irrigation. Whether it would be liquid or granular the difference is your inert carrier.

Whereas your herbicide is primarily a foilar attack and you would not want to irrigate. If it were my three acres and sounds like you have access to a sprayer, i would applied my broadleaf separately.

Also check your nitrogen label and see if your sprayer can put out the required amount of water needed for a liquid fert application.

M

grassguy_
07-17-2003, 10:19 PM
liquid 28 would be too hot to use right now at this time. Recommend using a slow release granular with iron like LGF stated. only problem is you want to spray weeds as well and obviously that would mean doing that seperately. Use the liquis 28 in early fall like Oct, and you'll get great results, however push with plenty of water as a carrier. Liquid 28's salt index is exceptionally high, not for summer time.