PDA

View Full Version : first trailer

mr. k
07-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Well you guys have been really helpful with this. I think I am going to go with a 5X10 open trailer for now. It seems that for a rookie, the versatility of one of these is better for my situation. Hopefully I'll be able to get bigger and better in the future, but for now this will probably suit me fine. What do you gus think about used trailers? I'll probably go new, but I was just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks again for all of you help with this.

mr. k
07-17-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm an -----. I meant to just add a post to the original post I started and I go and so this. Sorry guys.

Cooper Landscaping
07-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Out of that I got that you've decided on a 5x10 and you want to know about used trailers. In my opinion if you find a good deal on a used trailer look it over thoroughly and if it's a deal go for it. As for the 5x10 i would say if you don't have your mind set on that you might want to consider going as large as your finances will allow within reason. But if all you can afford now is a 5x10 go for it and get a bigger one when necessary.

-Coop

mr. k
07-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I'll keep my eye out for used trailers while i'm shopping around. It seems like a 5X10 will fit nicely into my budget for now, but hay if the boss gives me raise soon maybe I'll go bigger (fat chance). Ha Ha. Thanks again for all of your input. Any advice on websites I could look at, or the manufacturers of quality trailers? Thanks

Green Pastures
07-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Go bigger or you're gonna be sorry.

mr. k
07-17-2003, 11:11 AM
How big is too big.....I know I know, even if I had a NASCAR transporter I would still run out of room...ha ha.

Cooper Landscaping
07-17-2003, 11:55 AM
How big is too big? theres no such thing as too big :D

But seriously if you have to store this in a garage or in an area restrictive in size theres your answer. If you think you can just park it in the driveway or road check the town ordinances- some wont allow this. But if youre planning to expand then it really cant hurt too much to go as big as you can!

-Coop

mr. k
07-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys. Well I know this for a fact, it must fit in my garage. So i guess theres my answer right there huh. Get as bigt as i can afford and fit huh? Thanks