PDA

View Full Version : Palm Poliot

pace lawn care
09-30-2000, 10:40 PM
Glad to be back, thanks Eric. Any of you guys use a Palm Pilot computer in your business? They are expenseive but if you put info on your computer it may be worth a look. This little dude is something! Type in Handspring or Palm Pilot and take a look.

[Edited by pace lawn care on 10-01-2000 at 01:49 AM]

Eric ELM
09-30-2000, 10:56 PM
Glad to have you back. I wasn't sure if my email was getting through. I tried to send you email about a week ago and it came back. I hope this works for you now.

I haven't tried one, but they do sound interesting. I have a small computer type thing from Hewlett Packard that stores names, numbers, addresses, and does all sorts of calculations and formulas that I use in this biz. This was out long before the Palm Pilot. It even has a small printer. :)

BUSHMASTER
09-30-2000, 11:42 PM
I have a casio clone of the palm, with pc cradle to swap info, it shecdules,keeps up with daily add on charges and when ever i come across a new cutomer i can see when i have time to go do an estimate,I like it very much it save on paper and keeps me straight.i just wish i had waited for the low price palm its about$149.00 i paid $89.00 for my casio at office depot about a year ago.

Lazer
10-01-2000, 08:41 AM
I have one: Palm IIIx, when they 1st came out.

It's cool, but I view it now more as a novelty. Collects dust in my drawer.

My thinking was I would have a completely mobil office in my truck. I wound up wasting too much time in the field when I was supposed to be producing.

Now I budget field production time and office time and it works much better. Your truck office isn't nearly as effeceint as your home office.

I recommended them when I used mine and 8 people made purchase per my recommendation, 3 of those 8 still use them. Today, I wouldn't advise for OR against them.

cos
10-01-2000, 09:18 AM
When is lawn monkey coming out with the software for the palm computers. I am very interested to see if this really helps with productivity and will mostly likely be a buyer.

SKDCO
10-01-2000, 10:57 AM
I use the Palm m100 very good for the price($149.00) Does exactly what I need it for, phone#'s at hand, quick quotes,and most importantly,,,, a place to jot down notes for the day.Mine really keeps me organized I love it.

greenlawncare
10-01-2000, 02:50 PM
cos, I downloaded their beta and gave it a run. Couldn't so much for real because they hadn't got the hotsync working yet because they need to get lm2001 out first to support it. I was able to look at at and play with it. Seems to me that its very useful if you want detailed job costing because it is very detailed. But if you just want to eliminate a paper route list just so that you zip it up to the computer at the end of the day I'm not sure about the benefit. Closing a day's list is so quick in LM that I doubt having a palm would make it faster. But if you were tracking time per job, it would definately save you time, and give you detail. I think another big benefit would come if I had multiple crews I wanted to watch over.