PDA

View Full Version : Some serious "chaffing"!!!

stevo22
07-19-2003, 12:22 AM
i'm am sure most of you know what chaffing is...i cannot figure out what to use..i have tried baby powder, gold bond, starch etc...someone suggest vasoline...i guess i will give it a try...i cut today from 8am to 630pm and i could barely walk by the last yard...for those of you that do not know what i am talking about, chaffing is when the material b tween the tops of your thighs rubs you litterally raw..i have also tried boxers, boxer briefs..i currently wear whitie tighty's..if anyone has any secrets plz share..i know there will be some wise cracks on this one...i can take it, but i seriously hope i get some good input, this stuff hurts like hell...

cos
07-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Loose clothing has helped. I went from tighty whiteties to boxer briefs (that helped alot). Loose pants also helps tremndously (no jeans). Gold bond is my life saver. When you get to your situation, you have to use the medicated cream. I now take it with me as part of my landscaper survival kit. :)

Good luck to ya.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Boxer style breifs.

Keep some spray on hand too.

Decali
07-19-2003, 12:34 AM
As if this post needed another straightman setup...

Vasoline is what some runners use.

Mark P
07-19-2003, 12:35 AM
:) I hear you cos, goldbond and baby powder and a fresh change of clothing is the only thing that keeps me going, Steve don't feel like your the only one out there with this problem ive been on my last cut and could barely walk, i to now wear boxers and loose shorts, cos is right youll prob-need some healing cream from the drug store...........good luck, stay safe,....Marks Mowing Service

Tbarchaser
07-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Here is the Soulition,

STOP WALKING SO MUCH!

Get a z or a sulky and a helper! For now Goldbond in the Blue bottle!

EJK2352
07-19-2003, 12:39 AM
I have found A&D ointment has been the best for chaffing.

stevo22
07-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Tbarchaser
Here is the Soulition,

STOP WALKING SO MUCH!

Get a z or a sulky and a helper! For now Goldbond in the Blue bottle!
i have a w/b w/ sulkie..had my brother trimming and edging today too...bout the only walking that i did today was some blowing and a few zero lots that the w/b was not used...i sweat extremely bad...by the second or third yard my shirt is completely wet and my shorts are halfway wet..i do wear loose shorts..my legs are pretty thick up top and when i walk the inside of my thighs rub..the shorts get wet, and no matter what kind of underwear i use everything gets all bunched up and starts a rubbin..15-20 yards later in a day and i am having a fit...i can damn near work through almost any ailment, pain, soreness etc, but this ---- is almost unbearable...i guess i will have to try the medicated gold bond...

LGF---what kind of spray are you talking bout???

hunter
07-19-2003, 12:47 AM
I wear the tight sport underwear that has long legs. They almost reach my knees. Jockey makes the best. this helps me from getting chaffed. And always use medicated powder everyday. I sweat 10 gallons everyday with about three changes of clothing.

Tbarchaser
07-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Then loose weight!

Sorry... I am just doing my LGF impression.

I noticed it kinda goes away after a while, w/ the use of goldbond morning/and night. I hope you find a soulition, Cuz I know how much of a pain in the A%^ it is.

Bluesteel
07-19-2003, 01:33 AM
Here’s my solutions. No underware. Wear a long loose shirt that falls down over the front of the jeans. Why? Because during the heat of the day, my fly is WIDE open, and the shirt covers up even when the wind is blowing. That keeps things well ventilated which is the root cause of the problem. That being excess moisture in the nether regions. So you don’t want to use anything but a dry lubrication. That’s why you’ll ALWAYS find a box of Corn Starch just behind the seat of my truck. NOTHING works better. Instant relief, 100% dry lubrication, and it’s cheap so you can apply tons of it when needed. LOL

LAWNGODFATHER
07-19-2003, 01:36 AM
T-Bar

Try a G-Sting and spread some sand on it, that might help.

They got spray for chaffing.

kickin sum grass
07-19-2003, 01:44 AM
I have the miracle product. It is called lip medex by blistex. Make sure to get the blue can. About the same diameter as a quarter and around 1 1/2 tall. Sometimes very hard to find and other times I see shelves of it. I have recently seen it at CVS if you have any around you. As soon as you put it on you feel SOOOOO much better and can walk, jump, run, or whatever. If you put it on at night it will be all cleared up by morning. I use it on the onset of cold sores on my nose. As soon as you feel one coming on, keep appling it thru out the day and they go away before they get to sore. I also use it on cuts and oh yeah, my lips when they get chapped. Great stuff, I usually buy 2 or 3 cans when I find it just so I always have some.

Nebraska
07-19-2003, 01:49 AM
LMAO!!!

Cornstarch....

If it doesn't go away your simply either overweight and/or working too hard..

Hire some good helpers.

Phishook
07-19-2003, 02:01 AM
No pics?

Please don't.

stevo22
07-19-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Tbarchaser
Then loose weight!

Sorry... I am just doing my LGF impression.

I noticed it kinda goes away after a while, w/ the use of goldbond morning/and night. I hope you find a soulition, Cuz I know how much of a pain in the A%^ it is.

nope---don't need to lose weight...i am 6 2, 220lbs 10% body fat..i can bench 280 for reps and squat 485 for reps...just got big trunks...i appreciate all of the feedback...after resting up this weekend, should be good to go next week with all of the starch, oitment etc...hey, i wonder if the wife's tounge down there would do some good...maybe not but i bet that i wouldn't complain...:D :D

MOW ED
07-19-2003, 06:26 AM
Here is one instance where using the search function wouldn't have helped much but I remember this experience.

Read this one, I think you will find it informative.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=13592&highlight=desitin

:eek:

Tharrell
07-19-2003, 07:23 AM
I switched to boxers and loose clothing, it worked for me. I sweat more than normal also and had a serious chaffing problem until I made some changes. If you walk like John Wayne, you're out of luck though. Walk more like George Bush, he throws his legs out wide, maybe a product of working out. Watch him walk, he's pumped up and looks like he just came from the gym every time I see him on tv.

GLAN
07-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Cornstarch

As often as you need to during the day. Is much cheaper than most the other products listed and does the same thing.

Boxers are good if you like them. I have the long briefs, though they don't go down to my knees :confused:

John

geogunn
07-19-2003, 08:10 AM
steveo--unfortunately part of your problem is where you live.

an average day for you guys might be 92 degrees and 97% humidity.

for us the same day would be 83 degrees and 72% humidity.

try mowing in some poplin BDUs. they are great but you do look like the militia!:eek:

GEO

turfguy
07-19-2003, 08:25 AM
I have been cycling for years. on several trips we would ride 100 miles a day for several weeks and chafing became a fact of life. most of the woman riders were very thin and lacking any "outside plumbing " they never had a problem. however I used a product called buttbalm with great success. available in most bike shops it is a life saver

Blessed 1
07-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Now this is a good thread!
I use Zoloft powder. . They keep it behind the counter at my Pharmacy but you don't need a prescription. :D

burnandreturn
07-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Try the baby butt ointment Desiden(?) That's what a lot of horse trainers I know use.

Turfdude
07-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Balmex - diaper rash ointment!
Best all around - better than A&D ointment, etc...

Bluesteel
07-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Ointments and medications are fine after the work-day is over and you’re laying around watching TV. But if you have to keep working throughout the day, NOTHING beats Corn Starch.

lugnut#6
07-19-2003, 12:45 PM
i thought of asking this type of question but i was to embarrassed.
im glad someone did though;)

No pics?

Please don't

lmao @phishook

Mickhippy
07-19-2003, 01:29 PM
This is the funniest thread yet but it must be the topic that brings us all down to the same level. Like we all have to poo dont we! No undies and nappy rash powder is my call! If you cant avoid it, these work for me. DO NOT use Vaseline. Sticky wet rash makin stuff!
I hate sitting on the mower for hours on slopey rough ground. MAN, Sliding from side to side.............bum crack rash! I cant go on anymore about it. I cant wait for summer. Much!:(

Just had to edit this,................ how good does it feel putting powder on your......... "bits" when there rashed up. Oh, sweet relief.:cry: :blush:

HarryD
07-19-2003, 03:24 PM
for saucy crack cornstarch during the day and baby butt cream at night. Desitin is a wonder cure for raw rash

leadarrows
07-19-2003, 03:58 PM
The stuff I use is for women but I swear it really works. It clears up the problem not just a temporary relive. Its vaginal cream. The brand I use is equate miconazole 7. The active ingredient that makes it work is miconazole nitrate. I got this info from my family doctor. He use to give me a subscription for a cream that has the miconazole nitrate in it. My wife was reading the ingredients to the cream the doctor subscribe and noticed the vaginal cream was the exact same thing at less than half the cost. It doesn't just make it feel better it clears up the rash over night in most cases. Really guys this works I'm not making it up. This is one time I can really help if you'll listen. Kinda freeks me out too but it's worth it cause it works.

lawn gonzo
07-19-2003, 04:20 PM
The times that I really had BAD chafing, every morning I would just put a couple of strips of duct tape on the inside of my thighs where the chafing was worst, and it sure ended the friction and helped them heal faster.

Lawn Tek
07-19-2003, 05:50 PM
silk boxers , wife likes my pink ones

Lawn Specialties
07-19-2003, 06:10 PM
I second the A&D ointment but haven't had any trouble since I bought a sulky for my WB.

bobbygedd
07-19-2003, 06:21 PM
slimfast!

nelbuts
07-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Hahahahaha!:D LMAO

Honestly sleep naked for a couple of nights. The last thing I want on me in the heat of summer is Vasoline!

Doc Pete
07-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Go see the doctor. You could have a yeast infection or other type of skin problem. I went through what you had, "a little higher up" than my thighs, if you know what I mean;) It was unreal. Tried everything. It ended up I had a very bad yeast infection and needed a "full month" of "Diflucan", which is what women use and they usually take "one pill". So, you can understand how bad this was. I kept thinking it was just the hot, wet, sticky weather.
Boy, it sure was a pain in the butt:blush: :blush: :blush:
And, now you know "way too much" about me:dizzy: :dizzy:

bobbygedd
07-19-2003, 06:31 PM
o my goodness, u want him to sleep naked? next u will tell him to sleep on his stomach. do u have his address by any chance?

yardman1
07-19-2003, 06:53 PM
I use goldbond medicated baby powder, every morning before I leave I powder up, and I only wear boxers, and if I do get a rash I use destin baby rash med.

Coumbe
07-19-2003, 08:33 PM
An old man saw me walking funny because I was so raw that I could'nt help it. He said to cure it over night I needed to turn the shower on with cold water and get naked, take rubbing alcohol and dump it on both sides. Stand the pain for 10 - 15 seconds and rinse. I was desperate so I tried it. It hurt like heck but it worked and I still do it today anytime I get chaff I pour it on and grit my teeth. It really works.

ElephantNest
07-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Gold bond medicated for the crotch rot here.:dizzy:
And loose skivvies.

Doogiegh
07-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Now, about 4 or 5 of you have said you take the Desitin or Gold bond WITH you in your "survival kit"?

And at exactly what location on your route do you "re-apply" some of this Desitin? Do you do this in the truck, or standing outside on the customers lawn with your drawers at your ankles?

Surely I hope after lunch is finished.. Cause you're not handing me a sode or some fries if it's beforehand!

Uh, hey Jim.. go load the trailer, I gotta put a dab of you-know-what on the you-know-who's........

:p

T.E.
07-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Doogiegh great post had me rolling. Me if I have this problem I don't want anyone else to know.:laugh: :blush:

mtdman
07-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Change of clothes will do it. If it's really humid, I change shorts, undies, all of it midday. Baby powder, desitin, vasoline, all that ---- works too. It's a problem that if you manage properly, it'll go away.

I stop at one of the many park bathrooms in my city to change clothes and apply appropriate medications.

:D

Envy Lawn Service
07-19-2003, 11:35 PM
At one point I used to get screaming raw, almost to the point of literally bleeding high on my upper thighs. I tried everything under the sun, but the next day I was back in pain again.

Powders were of the most help because in my case it was a damp friction burn. The powders would make the area slick and help keep it drier for a while.

A dry method of healing after work is a good cold shower, a powder application and a cool non-sticky pair of swimming trunks with the mesh underwear in them. Being naked always just seemed to get things more irritated in my case.

I tried boxers, silk boxers, no undies ect...Finally, when I was at the point where I was willing to try anything to solve this, I discovered the problem and an answer....
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Boxer style breifs.

Keep some spray on hand too. I was finally desperate enough to inspect a pair of my whitey-tighties and discovered the problem. Seems the fella's were holding the wet cotton undies against my legs to the point where little rough balls of cotton were forming all over them, making sandpaper out of them.

:cry:

Long legged, snug fitting, light colored boxer briefs and a can of aerosol spray powders really does the trick in healing and prevention.....thank god!!!!

Kingbman1
07-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Anyone that uses vasoline isnt using it for there thighs!:o

LAWNGODFATHER
07-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Welcome to LawnSite Kingbman1 fellow St. Louision.

EJK2352
07-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Kingbman1
Anyone that uses vasoline isnt using it for there thighs!:o

So what are they using it for?????

David Haggerty
07-20-2003, 05:24 AM
Jock itch is a fungal infection. Antibiotics won't touch it.

Lamasil has treatments over the counter for athletes foot and jock itch. I've used it on both and it works. The vaginal cream might be stronger. Vaginal infections are fungal (yeast) infections too.

Lawn workers catch these types of infections more often because of our exposure to their sources in the soil.

Got Grass?
07-20-2003, 05:48 AM
Balm-ex....
Works wonders on kids...
Soak yourself real good even if it means taking a bath instead of a shower. Rub on some Balm-ex on when it's bad... You can get the stuff at any drug store, supermarket, etc...
Baby powder yourself up before you head out in the am...
Regular Briefs, limit air flow to that region and hold the sweat in.. No undies are just bad, as your scraping up against your jeans, shorts or whatever causing even more problems. Boxers are good as far as air flow is concerned but not so good if you use standers & your bouncing all over the place. Boxer briefs provide some support, yet allow limited air flow while at the same time absorb some of the sweat.... What ever way you go make sure it's cotton....

Vaseline, I would avoid at all costs as it's just to damn greasy/oily...

If you use anything go with a baby product, as they are formulated to relive the raw/pain, those areas subjected to, such as the constant moisture of a leaky baby with diapers that hold in the moisture...

This is defiantly an interesting thread...
A bunch of guys discussing boxers vs. briefs...
::dizzy:

Doc Pete
07-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by David Haggerty
Jock itch is a fungal infection. Antibiotics won't touch it.

Duh Dave, go read my post. Just bustin':p But you're right. I would get rashes in different areas, like where my shirt rubbed on my neck, under my arm pit and so on. They would come and go until the big one (my post). My infection was systemic took months to clear up.
Pete

springman26
07-20-2003, 10:03 AM
OK YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE SIMPLE SOLUTION------ TIGHT BIKING SHORTS !!!! THATS IT !!

poolboy
07-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Balmex with Zinx Oxide. I keep a tube of it in my truck at all times.
Go to an army surplus store an purchase a couple pairs of "summer weight" BDU's. Used or well washed BDUs seem to breath better. Wear boxers or go comando. Good luck

sildoc
07-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Aquaphor It has glycerin, lanolin and ceresin in it which makes it last longer then petrolatum jellies and also helps it heal quicker. You find it in the infant or baby section of almost any store. this was recomended to us by our peditrician for diper rash which if you actually realize it is chaffing
on the little ones. good stuff.

good luck.

zfrog
07-20-2003, 12:00 PM
once it hurts use hydrocortisone.

stevo22
07-20-2003, 02:44 PM
coming up on 1000 views...amazing that so many folks have had problems with this area...good reading...after a good rest the crotch rot was gone...this is not jock itch, it is not on the family jewels etc...it is from my shorts getting wet from sweat, binding/bunching up when walking and rubbing me raw on the upper thighs close to the jewels...i guess i will try the medicated gold bond, corn starch method a few times a day...as bad as the temp/humidity is here now, i will prob have to apply 4-5 times a day...prob will try some type of long type snug fit under wear also...desitin when i rest...many thx...

Bluesteel
07-20-2003, 02:50 PM
The root cause of chafing and fungal infections is moisture. Loose clothes with plenty of ventilation will prevent these problems most of the time. When it doesn’t, use only DRY lubrication during the workday. You can use medicated powders, but they’re expensive compared to simple cheap cornstarch which can be used in large quantities. All you have to do is pull your rig in the back corner of a commercial lot and step outside your truck to apply a whole heaping handful of it.

After work, you can get creative with medication. I used to get the “itch” and would soak a wash cloth with a Hydrogen Peroxide - Alcohol mixture and burn-scrub the nether regions for relief. But again I realized the problem was residual moisture from putting my pants on before I was FULLY dry. After a shower, I’ll use a blow-dryer to dry my hair (if you know what I mean). Since I’ve been doing that, along with wearing ventilated attire, the “itch” is gone and rarely have to apply the starch.

ccla
07-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Boudreaux's butt paste works wonders.

sildoc
07-20-2003, 04:59 PM
The only problem with using corn starch or other dry powers throught the day is that by the end of the day you have a huge Loaf of sweat and powder mix left in your shorts. Why not just start out the day with a simple preventitive like aquaphor ( a dab will do ya) and come home with out a batch of bread brewin in your shorts?

narly1_2000
07-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ccla
Boudreaux's butt paste works wonders.

That is hilarious :D

C-side's Crunch
07-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Don't laugh too hard. It could happen to you. The butt paste is the best. It works just as well for adults as kids. It will put out the :blob2:

CoachLinz
07-20-2003, 07:17 PM
I get the same problem every now and then. Has anyone thought of or tried just wearing swim trunks that have the mesh inside and skip the undies all together? Just thought of that from some earlier posts. Wonder if it might be the easiest fix without all the medications, etc.

Bluesteel
07-20-2003, 08:13 PM
If you like shorts, swim-trunks have built-in mesh underwear, which is ok for keeping moisture away, but they act like sandpaper if you already have chaffing. They would be good for getting rid of the excess power and avoiding the sweat-cakes as mentioned above. Which is yet another reason not to wear wear.

ccla
07-20-2003, 09:43 PM
http://www.shoppinglouisiana.com/virtualmall/graphics/00000018/bphome6.jpg

real stuff that Does work wonders.

http://www.buttpaste.com/virtualmall/index.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=0013

CMLLawnServices
07-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by zfrog
once it hurts use hydrocortisone.

I second that, it works well, this problem gets me alot more in the winter , than in the summer, I guess its the dry air and the hundreds of miles a week on the snowmobile. Has anyone tried Bag Balm , No joke, its used on cattle for their udders, and in harness racing for the rashed that horses sometimes get around their leg raps.

Get a 3 dollar tube of hydrocortisone cream (the strongest you can get) and it will work for you.

Blessed 1
07-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Blessed 1
Now this is a good thread!
I use Zoloft powder. . They keep it behind the counter at my Pharmacy but you don't need a prescription. :D

I thought I had better correct this. Its called Zeasorb-AF. Its great and has cleared my rash up:rolleyes:

gene gls
07-20-2003, 10:45 PM
I had a bad bout with rash last year. Found out that my wife had added Oxi-clean to the washer with my clothes to get the stains out. There is a resedue left in the clean clothes from the Oxi-clean that I must be aleargic to. Where ever sweaty clothes were on my body, my body looked like hamburg and it hurt soooo bad. Rewashed all my clothes with our normal laundry soap and haven't had a problem sence.

Gene

windmill
07-20-2003, 11:11 PM
Great thread but I am concerned. It seems that kickin sun grass likes blistex and uses it all over the place, I sure hope he isn't using the same one, and if he isn't that he has each blistex tube labeled/color coded or in some way noted for the area it is to be used in, and that it's in a box labeled "for personal use only". :D
Baking powder on a yeast infection, hmmmm could cause something to rise.
I knew I shouldn't have gone on lawnsite, I've lost the spiritual side of the Sunday now.

Green Thumb Lawncare
07-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Don't know about shaving down there, but I used to get a rash under my armpits, went to the Dr. to get something for it, he said "just shave it, the hair is causing it to become irritated", have not had the problem since, even cuts down on the odor as well.

mower_babe
07-21-2003, 06:15 PM
green thumb - i don't know what is funnier - your pits being silky smooth or your admittance of that. roflmao. :laugh:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
actually, baby powder and keeping your drawers dry really helps to prevent any probs. But when the chaffin is bustin you up - desitin does work.

Stayin nude as often as possible (at night, not while you are mowing) is a good thing too.:blob1:

bobbygedd
07-21-2003, 09:07 PM
that does work. i always sleep naked(and i dont want to catch u guys looking in my window, either)

mower_babe
07-21-2003, 11:30 PM
bobby, don't lose sleep over it. I think you are pretty safe.;)

Cooper Landscaping
07-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Haha great thread some replies are too funny-

that being said i was wondering if anyone had tried anything like these:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=12943

Says they're moisture wicking and non chaffing... I would think they would be worth a try

-Coop

pagefault
04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I've been into cycling and mountain biking for a long time. I never developed the slim build of the cyclists, though. I wear the cycling shorts under regular shorts so the world does not have to see me in tights. No chaffing here.

Otherwise, I can be raw in 4-6 hours of walking around, tops.

bigz1001
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
i'm am sure most of you know what chaffing is...i cannot figure out what to use..i have tried baby powder, gold bond, starch etc...someone suggest vasoline...i guess i will give it a try...i cut today from 8am to 630pm and i could barely walk by the last yard...for those of you that do not know what i am talking about, chaffing is when the material b tween the tops of your thighs rubs you litterally raw..i have also tried boxers, boxer briefs..i currently wear whitie tighty's..if anyone has any secrets plz share..i know there will be some wise cracks on this one...i can take it, but i seriously hope i get some good input, this stuff hurts like hell...

I recomend Under Armour compression shorts or boxer briefs. They wick the moisture away from your skin and have worked wonders for me, the only underwear I wear anymore! Under Armour Site (http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/default.asp)

KCLandscape
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Every day in the summer I wear river shorts, from eddie bauer or whoever.
Black. No dirt to show, no undies to wash and they expel moisture like...well, they are river shorts! Ask for them and you will never have that problem again, unless you sleep around with the wrong people...

KINGjosh
04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
My secret is shorts in the summer with no underwear and lots of baby powder. The baby powder only works when you keep applying it every 2-3 hours.

skurtz78
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
ok two products to help you out. One would be a product called body glide that is used by triathletes under wetsuits and on parts of the body that rub a lot and the other when it gets bad is panaten cream i believe made in germany and we use for our kids diaper rash. Either of these should help you out.

David Grass
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
couldnt read all the posts, but if you are chaffed, immediate relief comes with desitin!!!!!!!!! And you are running strong next day, all day

elamey
04-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I've had this problem since I was a kid, even when I was skinny, not just mowing, playing golf and everything. I've got probably 20 pair of them and NEVER have "THE PROBLEM" with them on. The answer? Spandex "jammer" swim trunks, other companies like Dolphin etc.. make them too..just search for jammers. I put them on underneath my normal clothing of course. They make walking frictionless, they wick moisture away and are very durable.

You want to pull them up as far as you can, in front, pull them up far enough that you have to choose a direction to "dress," :blush: In back just pull them up as far as is comfortable...farther the better :o . For gents with an overhanging gut (like myself) the top of the trunks will have extra material for you, so much that you will look like "granpa with his pants up to his chest." They don't really work well like that, they won't stay in place, The way to fix that and make the trunks more comfortable is to tie the string in the waist band and simply roll it down. Keep rolling the extra waist band material down until you get to your waist line..in my case my gut line :) Usually I can roll the extra material down just below my belt line and there are no issues with my belt/pants being too tight.

Check out www.swimoutlet.com they usually have some sort of "grab bag" no pun intended, special that makes these pretty affordable. Here is a pic of what i'm talking about...

c:\7050110.jpg

lawnandplow42
04-12-2005, 09:18 PM
lol lol o man! i know what you mean.

I've had some bad "crotch rot" before. :cry: :dizzy:

Its especiallly bad when things get reall sweaty down there, and then dry up.

Use gold bond very heavly. :blob3:

StealthDT
04-12-2005, 09:28 PM
A real man would slap Ben Gay on it and keep mowing.

jim dailey
04-12-2005, 10:01 PM
A real man would slap Ben Gay on it and keep mowing.

NICE GOING...You just know that someone WILL try that. What a surprise for the young and foolish...

JimLewis
04-13-2005, 03:41 AM
I wear the tight sport underwear that has long legs. They almost reach my knees. Jockey makes the best. this helps me from getting chaffed. And always use medicated powder everyday. I sweat 10 gallons everyday with about three changes of clothing.

This is the solution. I don't mow much anymore. But I do cardio workouts and sometimes for quite a long time (over an hour) and that's when I get the chaffing too. These type of shorts (they look like the shorts that the bicycle racers wear) totally solved all my chaffing problems. Whenever I workout, I always wear a pair now and I have zero chaffing now.

One trick, You gotta pull them up high. I know that sounds funny. Don't get outta hand. Not "THAT" tight. But you want them up high. I swear this works.