PDA

View Full Version : Mow & Vac's

Mowman
10-01-2000, 07:45 PM
Anyone ever use one of these pull behind units? I think that is the correct name. It's sort of like a cart with a box on it, and has a 3HP engine to help suck things up. I'm thinking of trying one for fall clean-up. I have a Walker MT-54 w/ side discharge. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Steve

gene gls
10-01-2000, 08:23 PM
Its OK for home owner use.

Prime Seasons
10-01-2000, 08:32 PM
Walker 54" deck? If you really plan to use a pull behind unit for that machine, better upgrade to a bigger vac...

You will probably need a minimum of 6.5 hp or even 8 hp motor to keep up with the amount of stuff emitting from your deck. Also look at the pickup hose diameter. Chances are that anything less than 7" will clog very easily and the cfm limitations will disappoint you. I know via the hard way-- from experience. E mail me if you want more info.

gus

stick9
10-01-2000, 08:41 PM
Hey Mowguy ...

You want a Dixie Chopper and a Trac-Vac ... the ultimate combo.

stick-niNe

John DiMartino
10-01-2000, 10:49 PM
I have a 2000 Dixie chopper and a trac-vac unit.they do work well together,I only wish tht the vacuum had 2 storage bins instead of 1 since the DC can fill one real quick.I can clean a lawn up in no time with this combo,it takes more time to dump than fill it sometimes.I only use the vac in fall and spring,the rest of year just discharge.

BUSHMASTER
10-02-2000, 12:10 AM
hey mow man does you walker have ghs?....if so why not get a ghs deck and suck those suckers right on up...?