PDA

View Full Version : Buissness Cards

jh88
07-23-2003, 11:39 PM
I've been thinking of getting some buissness cards just to kind of get my name around and maybe have a couple more yards next year. I want to mow and do cleanup since cleanup is where the real money is! But what do u actually put on the card. Besides your name and number. I have an idea of what it needs to be but i want different opinions. AND how much does it cost to print buissness cards.

Also are door hangers a good idea or a waste of money?

GLAN
07-24-2003, 05:38 PM
business cards are great. Every profesional has them.

You can do anything you want with the cards

Your company name and number

or add residential/commercial

Can also do a listing of services;

spring/fall cleanups
weekly maintenance
chemical program
shrub trimming
plantings
etc,
etc.

GLAN
07-24-2003, 05:40 PM
My cards and advertising is short and sweet

Company name
Certified, Registered, Licensed, Insured
phone number

BSDeality
07-24-2003, 07:08 PM
i got 250 printed online for $10. They've closed 2 deals for me just, give them to everyone you meet, stick them in mail-boxes, when people ask for your number give them your card instead.

search www.google.com for a business card printer.

mtdman
07-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Any major office supply place will make them for you. I got mine at Staples. Here's an idea: Put your name, number and business info on the front, a listing of services on the back.

:D

A1 Grass
07-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Door hangers? I LIKE them. Get cheap ones here:

Door Hangers Direct (http://www.door-hangers-direct.com)

Full color business cards here: They look great. Here's their address:

PS Print (http://www.psprint.com)

EvandSeby
07-30-2003, 09:36 AM
I bought a program on sale for $9.99 two years ago named, "My Business Cards". You can design your own cards or use templates. I have been using it ever since. I am sure there are similar programs out there if this particular one is not available. Good luck!

walker-talker
07-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Here is a copy of my business cards. I orginally had everything on there but the list of services and what was up in the upper left hand side. I really wanted the list of services, so I put them on there. I wish I would of made the back side a copy of my pesticide license, but maybe next time. The front is gloss and raised 3 colors. I think I went with a white linen paper (not sure if it was linen, but is was not the basic paper). I paid $90 for 1000 at Office Depot. I am sure you can find them cheaper somewhere, but I wanted to make sure mine where high quality. Spend the extra money to make them look good.

MATT

Kinda looks crappy, but imagine it all white and clearer...lol

GLAN
07-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Walker

So, you scalp lawns? Get paid extra for that.........do you?

j/k ;)

What does "scalping" mean? I may know of it by another name.

rvsuper
07-30-2003, 11:21 PM
They do it in the south in the spring. Cut the grass real low so it get's a head start.

walker-talker
07-31-2003, 10:30 AM
rvsuperintendant is correct. It's done to warm season grasses. Consumers say it causes grass to green up fast, but that might be the only advantage. I don't push this service real hard because I know of no real benefit from it, other than putting money in my pocket. Last spring I did around 12 lawns or so and made from $70 per man hour up to $150 man hour and that was when I was tarping it. I have a leaf loader now (didn't get it hooked up until after the first 9 lawns) and this has saved so time. I usually cut it anywhere from 1" to 1.5" inches. Many customers want a dethatcher (Bluebird power comb) ran over there at this time also.

Grass will find it's way into every orifice you have above the neck It is a nasty, dirty, filthy job.

Glan, do you know it my another name? I get a lot of responses like yours (on LS) when they see business card. They get a chuckle and think it's there for a joke...haha. No joke, serious money.

MATT