PDA

View Full Version : Taking The Bait........

ANDERSON
07-23-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm new at this as well. About two months ago I went out and purchased everything needed to get this going for me. I've been trying everything I think, flyers, word of mouth and knocking on doors. I don't want to kill the market rate, nor under cut competition. So what perks or bait has worked for you? I know its late in the season, but I would like to grab a few.

mtdman
07-24-2003, 12:09 AM
1st off, not to bust your balls, but I've seen a lot of LCOs go under quick because they went out and overspent before they had the customer base to support it. Kind of a bit of hindsight now, I know, and that doesn't help you. But it's a heads up to others about to be in your position. Just sayin'.

That being said, usually at the end of August I have experienced a big demand for work. Whether it's people going back to work from the summer, or getting tired of their lawn, or their kids going back to school, whatever, I've grabbed a lot of customers around the time school starts up again. That and about this time LCOs dump their customers that they view as expendable, and/or commercial clients dump the LCOs they aren't happy with. Do everything you can to be visible the next month or so. And if you don't have signs or lettering on your truck or vehicle, get it now.

Good luck!

:D

ANDERSON
07-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the information. I will look into the magnetic signs.

mtdman
07-24-2003, 08:28 AM
The magnetic signs are great. That's what I use. It helps to keep your vehicle a little more private if you use it for more than just work. And they don't really cost that much. Just make sure you keep them on a clean flat surface when not in use. I stick mine on the side of the refrigerator!

Signage on your vehicle is a great advertiser, and lots of businesses just don't use it, which is a waste.

:D

A1 Grass
07-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Good magnetic sogns - good prices.

signs-magnetic (http://www.signs-magnetic.com/)