PDA

View Full Version : Postage

GLAN
07-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Who has gotten away from the old lick and stick method of using postage to mail the invoices?

I use Stamps.com

Wonderful program. Print the address, postage and return address at once. Also has little clipart things to print on your envelope.

hunter
07-24-2003, 04:32 PM
for what you pay stamps.com you can have your own meter at home from pitney bowes. plus you never have to go to the post office to get your meter reilled. you now can do it by phone.

GLAN
07-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by hunter
for what you pay stamps.com you can have your own meter at home from pitney bowes. plus you never have to go to the post office to get your meter reilled. you now can do it by phone.

Pitney Bowes leases the equipment and a monthly usage fee. At a much higher rate than the Stamps.com $4 a month.

Stamps.com all you need is your comp and a printer. Refilling the postage is over the internet. And they offer labels to print postage, scale for packages.

It's like having a post office right on your computer.

mtdman
07-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Nah, I still do the peel and stick schtick. I only mail out about 50 bills a month thanks to my prepayments.

:D

GLAN
07-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Prepay is great.

We offer 10% discount. I don't push the prepay, but do offer it.
What is your discount rate?

tiedeman
07-25-2003, 09:15 PM
i looked into the bowes thing, but as stated before, cost too much for my blood. I still do the whole lick situation

GLAN
07-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
i looked into the bowes thing, but as stated before, cost too much for my blood. I still do the whole lick situation

Hmmm..............

We used to have mailing envelopes with our return printed. And had to buy labels for printing the addresses.

Affix the label and the stamp.

Now with the Stamps.com I put in a small stack of envelopes. It prints my return, address it is going to, and the postage. Do this will watching TV or doing paper work. Definitely made our process easier and shorter.

They only charge like $4 a month for the service, plus the postage.

tiedeman
07-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by GLAN
Hmmm..............

We used to have mailing envelopes with our return printed. And had to buy labels for printing the addresses.

Affix the label and the stamp.

Now with the Stamps.com I put in a small stack of envelopes. It prints my return, address it is going to, and the postage. Do this will watching TV or doing paper work. Definitely made our process easier and shorter.

They only charge like $4 a month for the service, plus the postage.

I think that I am going to look into it Glan

mtdman
07-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by GLAN
Prepay is great.

We offer 10% discount. I don't push the prepay, but do offer it.
What is your discount rate?

I do 10% also. I do push it, though. This year I had $10,000 in the bank before I mowed a single lawn. That's just from 20 customers. I base it on 26 weeks of mowing. If the customer wants to pay for other stuff up front, I do that as well (leaf cleanup, edging, bushes, whateva). Not only does it bring me money early, I don't have to mess with billing those people every month, which is a pain! I never thought folks would do it, but it's very popular. :D :D

GLAN
07-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by mtdmaster
I do 10% also. I do push it, though. This year I had $10,000 in the bank before I mowed a single lawn. That's just from 20 customers. I base it on 26 weeks of mowing. If the customer wants to pay for other stuff up front, I do that as well (leaf cleanup, edging, bushes, whateva). Not only does it bring me money early, I don't have to mess with billing those people every month, which is a pain! I never thought folks would do it, but it's very popular. :D :D

Not bad...........

With us, we mail them our company monthly letter anway. At least we don't process the billing on those prepays.