PDA

View Full Version : MD area winter work?

LazerZ101
10-02-2000, 04:16 PM
Anybody here in Maryland seeking good help this winter? I could use another full time job this winter until the grass cutting comes back again. Any takers? I have a couple services saying they will hand over about 20 yards in the spring to me. Please! Any help is greately appreciated.

Scott Harris
H&H LawnCare

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
10-02-2000, 04:42 PM
Have you thought of taking some reeducation classes at community college. Make use of your time.

LazerZ101
10-02-2000, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Vandora Lawn & Landscape
Have you thought of taking some reeducation classes at community college. Make use of your time.

I already hold a masters degree in Education/early childhood development. Had enough school for a while. Also I recently bought my first house, and got married a month ago so surely you can see the need for steady income!

Scott

LazerZ101
10-03-2000, 07:34 AM
Any takers? :D

Scott

dhicks
10-03-2000, 09:14 AM
Put a notice out on the usenet groups that pertain to Maryland, such as, MD.GENERAL, MD.ANNOUNCEMENTS, and if you live near Frederick or Montgomery Coutnties, add MD.MONT.

I hope this helps. As for me, I have no plans to work at all except finish my courses for pesticide license/certification.

River Hill
10-03-2000, 10:21 AM
I sent you an email but I am not sure if my email is working. Let me know if you received it.

LazerZ101
10-03-2000, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Brians
I sent you an email but I am not sure if my email is working. Let me know if you received it.

Sorry, brother......nothing yet. Maybe I set it wrong in my preferences. Should be scott.harris@zurich.com

Good luck!

Scott

River Hill
10-03-2000, 02:09 PM
Scott I am able to send and receive from other people, I think something is wrong with your email. I even emailed direct on my computer to you and tried to reply from your email.

LazerZ101
10-03-2000, 03:58 PM
Try to email to my home and I'll get it tonight about 5:30 pm

VERYSPEEDY@aol.com

This I know works.....something you want to discuss?

Scott

Lockeman
10-03-2000, 04:49 PM
Gee Scott, your post begs the question:

With your apparent qualifications, why not a winter job in the field of education or child care?

LazerZ101
10-05-2000, 09:55 AM
I have considered that, but I got out of the school system for way too many reasons, mainly for money, and there's more of a committment being an educator with your pupils than a regular job and I couldent just "drop" it in spring time!

Scott

lawrence stone
10-05-2000, 10:20 AM
LazerZ wrote:

>I have considered that, but I got out of the school system for way too many reasons, mainly for money,

You live in the wrong area. Teachers make 3x more that the average wage in my area for 182 days work with the best bennys known to mankind. Hardy any of them even coach sports anymore let alone work a dirty job like lawncare.

LazerZ101
10-05-2000, 10:37 AM
True, but teaching isn't me.....I taught 5'th and 8'th graders...loved the teaching aspect of it, but hated the politics within the school systems I worked at. Besides, i couldent wait to finish grading papers, calling parents, ect., so I could go outside and bang out a few yards in a hour and make what would have taken me a 8+ hour day to make! For me, money talks. My wife was so happy with the income for my first year of mowing doing this part time, and is pushing me to quit my desk job next year and be a full timer.

Scott

lawrence stone
10-05-2000, 11:27 AM
lazerZ wrote:

>loved the teaching aspect of it, but hated the politics within the school systems I worked at.

LazerZ you are still sailing the same ocean but on a different ship. My biggest account is a public school.
If you can't play the game you will be banished by watching from the sidelines.

If you think this industry is easier that teaching you will have a long row to hoe.