PDA

View Full Version : Is Exmark's new suspension seat worth it???

Vibe Ray
10-02-2000, 06:01 PM
Is Exmark's new suspension seat worth it??? How much can u get it for???

Cutter1
10-02-2000, 06:10 PM
THe seat is nice, but the price tag isn't. It does make cutting a little easier on you, but at $500 I think I can suffer a bit. The seat the Lasers come with are alright, atleast for the first 500 hours, then they get a little rough. If you plan on keeping your laser for a long time, it may not be a bad idea.

Vibe Ray
10-04-2000, 12:15 AM
Well guys, are they worth it???

MJB
10-04-2000, 12:23 AM
If you have any back problems, or have some rough lawns then get the seat. You won't feel the big bumps that hit when your not prepared, it will absorb the shock. I guess it depends on your circumstances, for me it was a must, I have bad back problems and have to be able to work all day.

TLS
10-04-2000, 12:32 AM
I heard that the foam is stiffer on the susp. seat. The regular seat seems softer. Any thoughts on this. Those that have tried both. I am soon to be getting a new 27hp Lazer but it doesn't come with the susp. seat. The dealer has a susp. seat that a guy traded in on a regular seat. He wants like $250 or so for it. He liked the reg. seat better and downgraded to it.

????

MJB
10-04-2000, 12:40 AM
The suspension seat is firm, but comfortable, my grasshopper has a real soft spring seat, and it does not compare to the comfort of the suspension seat. $250 is a steal, The guy who traded it in probably did not have it adjusted properly for his weight. If you have it set wrong it can give you a rough ride. I didn't think it was that much better when I demo both seats, but went with it anyway. The longer I use it the better I like it. I'm mowing with a broken back and I can run wide open.

TLS
10-04-2000, 12:48 AM
Cool, I'll just make a shop stool out of the reg. one then!! I had a susp. seat on my JD 935 and loved it.

Runner
10-04-2000, 09:30 AM
Hey dixie, if you're getting a new Lazer, opt for the foot assisted deck lift too. It's a work saver!

TLS
10-04-2000, 06:23 PM
Runner,

That is on of the reasons for me switching to Exmark. The Seat, foot deck lift, 27hp Kawi, and York Sheet Metal's two fabulous options. The deck lift is like $50. I doesn't come standard. Why? Who knows. And with the deal i'm getting on the seat, I'll have a pretty nice piece of equipment that I hope will last better than my Dixie.

Evan528
10-04-2000, 07:11 PM
runner, I just got a message today that my dealer got in the foot deck assist i orderd for my z master. I think it will be much easier when going over high spots in a lawn then leaning over and pulling the hand lift up.

MJB
10-05-2000, 01:01 AM
Dixie1,
I just talked toa friend / competitor that runs a 60" DC
and a 72" Exmark Lazer. He said he would never buy another DC even though his had been dependable. No comparison the Exmark was the better mower...his words. Enjoy your new Exmark, and get all the options you can they are great.

TLS
10-05-2000, 10:26 AM
MJB,

I totally agree. Dixie makes an excellent product that does not break (that much) and is very easy to fix if it does. But the fit and finish and engineering is circa 1980's. This is 2000 and I want an advanced machine. Now with the additions I mentioned above, Exmark is my next (real soon) mower. My biggest gripes on Dixie?: Quality of cut. Small gas tanks (no more hauling gas to refill it). High center of gravity. Lack of an affordable LC gas OR diesel. And like I said fit and finish. Can't tell you how many times i've cut my hands on the Stainless Steel edges and sloppy slagged welds.

Eric and others.

Don't get me wrong. Dixies do mow lots of grass fast, and I have been very happy and proud for 3 years. Just look at my screen name, cats name!! I would recommend them to anybody and may consider them in another 3 years, but for now I chose a Lazer.

AB Lawn Care
10-05-2000, 05:51 PM
I think down the road I may be looking into a Lazer.Up here in canada there are 0 DC dealers.To me that is pretty stupid!DC will never get very big if it does not go international.In my city,everyone uses either 3wheelers,walkers and 2 now use large 4 wheel drive kabota's for commercial use.I currently only do residential work so I use a walker and a scag walk-behind,But if I do go commercial I want to kick some butt!How fast are lasers??????What is there price tag compaired to a Walker??????Which engine is the best choice?????Deck size????Any help would be great!

MJB
10-06-2000, 01:36 AM
AB LAWN,
I bought a 60" Lazer Z 22HP Kaw L/C for $8000 with out the bagger option. I got the mulch kit which I am using now
to chop up the leaves etc. When I side disharge I run wide open 9 mph, and it cuts it clean. I have a Walker for my small lawns also.
One thing I like about the Lazer is the quality of cut is better than most. Go to http://www.exmark.com and look at the differnt sizes. Their website is very helpful in deciding which is best for you.

AB Lawn Care
10-06-2000, 11:14 AM
How much is a walker in U.S. funds????I'm canadian so $8000 does not mean much unless I have somthing to compair it to!

jaybee
10-06-2000, 04:25 PM
Talked to my Exmark dealer yesterday and I'm gonna order the 27hp liquid cooled kawi with the 60 inch deck for spring delivery. Gonna get the foot deck lift but I think I'll pass on the seat. I have no problem with the standard seat on the Lazer I have now. I've learned that on rough lawns it pays to just go a little slower. Easier on the rear end and easier on the machine.

TLS
10-06-2000, 08:55 PM
Well guys, that super sweet seat deal ($250) is gone, sold! Exmark couldn't get me my mower quick enough and someone else scooped it up. I shoulda just bought it right away. But I wanted to see how the standard seat was after a few days. You know the saying, He who hesitates...looses out!

Now I'm gonna think long and hard about a $500 seat.

accuratelawn
10-06-2000, 09:43 PM
AB Lawn,
Here is US a 48 GHS Walker with 20 Hp is more than a 25 Hp 60 " Lazer. I can't recall the exact price on the Walkers, but remember when shopping around the Lazer was cheaper.
I have used 60" Lazer for two seasons. Most accounts 6,000-20,000 square feet. Some would think a 60" ZTR is overkill, but time is money. The Lazer gives a great cut, is very easy to use in tight spots.
I paid $7,500 for mine. I use a bag that hangs on the side of the deck (like a walk behind) for the few areas that i bag.

MIDSOUTH
10-08-2000, 05:18 PM
if i was buying a laser i would get the seat-i have a scag and when i bought it i got the big thick grandpa seat on it-i wasnt gonna get it at first,its 350.00,then my wife made an excellent point-if i gonna spend 8000.00 on a mower-i might as well get the comfortable seat,in the lawn business it only takes just one hard day of work to pay for it.