PDA

View Full Version : My first pond install!

The Lawn Boy Pro
07-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Heres a pic. It was for a grandmas house down the street. These pics are the job 1/2 way through. Camera batteries died so I couldnt take any pics of the pinished thing. Really the only thing different that i did after i took this pic was burried the lighting wire, and added 12 hostias and some bigger rocks for a Rock/hosta garden.

GLAN
07-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Looks nice for your first.

need to cover the edge black plastic a bit. Hostas plant some closer to the edge so the leaves cover the plastic, and some rocks to. Maybe more rocks inside the pond.

Bet Grandma loves the sound of the water. I know I do :)

The Lawn Boy Pro
07-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Thats how I planted the hostas. That way, its more natural---like a water hole with lushus green plants growing near the waters edge, and rocks that have had the dirt washed off of them from erosion. Ahhh, so natural! None of this 5' waterfall stuff out in the middle of nowhere stuff. I like the "Supposed to be that way" natural look:D

briana
05-25-2004, 11:06 AM
That is the most fake looking pond install I have ever seen.

Moe Fish
05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Dude it looks to me the that the left side of the main pond is lower than the right and like the others said it needs some plants and rock to make it look real

parkwest
05-25-2004, 03:08 PM
I have to agree with briana. Looks like a black bathtub buried in the backyard. If I took the time to figure out how to post photos on here I could show you our first pond install.

Question for you: How could you possibly be in "business" for 8 Years and only be 17 years old?

dzs1945
05-27-2004, 07:02 PM
parkwest, email to me and I'll post them
daniel@dzstoltzfus.com

Briana, what more fake to this one? Hardly any of the ponds look natural. I think the idea is to make them look pretty and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And everything comes with a price. I might put one like that myself.
daniel

dzs1945
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
does this look fake?
daniel

WeatherMan
05-27-2004, 08:17 PM
dzs1945

I wish I could agree with you, BUT what lawnboy did with that piece of plastic looks like crap. I have built 22 ponds now and there as only 3 types of ponds, which are Formal, Natural, and the ones that look like crap.

Are you saying you built that Stream and pond you posted in the pic?

Heres a pic of my first pond install. I took my time and did it right. This is a formal pond. As soon as I find more pics I will show you several natural ponds and waterfalls .

dzs1945
05-28-2004, 05:39 AM
No , I didn't build that stream I posted. The point is that it is natural but not very pretty. Needs a little color.
The small pond wasn't my favorite either but to call sombodys first pond fake looking was off limits in my book.
daniel

another nat one!

dzs1945
05-28-2004, 05:44 AM
another natural
daniel

someone said a person should study falls and streams in nature.

WeatherMan
05-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I study the natural streams and falls, and I do my best to copy them, in my opinon any stream or pond that is natural is considered beauty

dzs1945
05-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Weatherman
would love to see your water gardens
Daniel

I never made one yet but took build a pond day.