PDA

View Full Version : Need help doing business on the internet

mowerman90
10-02-2000, 06:19 PM
Due to a recent upgrade in my accounting program I am now able to e-mail my statements and invoices to any of my customers that want to receive their statements that way. Quite a few are requesting it now that I'm offering them a choice. My question is: Is there a way, or what is the best way to receive payment over the internet? What is involved? Do any of you receive payments like this? What are the pro/cons.

KirbysLawn
10-02-2000, 06:24 PM
Try http://www.paypal.com. Allows you to accept visa/mc over the net with small surcharge.

turfman99
10-02-2000, 08:01 PM
within the next two years. More and more clients will demand this service.

I pay all my personal bills throught Quicken and my bank.I use the debit card for everything. I write very few checks anymore. It's much better and more efficent.

In the business, we have several EFT payments direct to our bank accounts. We have aprox 15 % of our customer base wants faxed statements rather than mail. We will be seting up bill pays to vendors on the e basis as well. We can do it with Business Works, but I think QuickBooks also supports vendor payments by e mail.

You need to be ready to go with this as much as possible as soon as possible. I myself think that almost all financial transactions will be e based within 5 years.

mowerman has made a wise decision and the rest of us need to look closely at it also.

Thaks for the link Ray, I needed to find something like that.

Chuck Sinclair
10-02-2000, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by mowerman90
Due to a recent upgrade in my accounting program I am now able to e-mail my statements and invoices to any of my customers that want to receive their statements that way. Quite a few are requesting it now that I'm offering them a choice. My question is: Is there a way, or what is the best way to receive payment over the internet? What is involved? Do any of you receive payments like this? What are the pro/cons.

If you want to accept checks online from your customers E-Mail me at: chuck@mr-wizard.com You can do it cheap!

stick9
10-02-2000, 08:57 PM
Wow! What a GREAT idea

(am now able to e-mail my statements and invoices)

Wow.

stIck-ninE

dhicks
10-02-2000, 09:16 PM
I use Paypal and it works great.