PDA

View Full Version : Big trailers?

OwenS
07-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Hello,

I am considering buying another company's trailer and wanted to hear some opinions on if big trailers are too much trouble. It is a 24" trailer that can fit 3 rider mowers and a few push mowers, trimmers, gas, etc.
The biggest I have pulled is 16' and sometimes I wish I had a biger one. I am driving a 1994 Ford F-350 with the 460 V-8. There is a picture of the trailer on ebaay on business lawn care. Please let me know if you think this trailer is too big to be useful. thanks Owen

GLAN
07-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Will it fullfill your needs?

Will it be a hassle for you?

Great to be asking here. The questions you should be asking are those only you can answer.

Such as the two I mentioned ^
as well as parking, whether overnight or at jobsites.

Tvov
07-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Depends on the neighborhoods where your customers are. If you are having any trouble getting to lawns with your 16ft trailer, you are going to have great difficulty with a 24ft trailer.

But... If you are planning on growing, and maybe thinking of having multiple crews, the big trailer might be perfect. One crew with the 16ft does all the difficult to access lawns, the 24ft crew does the others. Also, you could drop lawns that are difficult to get to.

"The biggest I have pulled is 16' and sometimes I wish I had a biger one."

You may have answered your own question here.

Barkleymut
07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
I have a 24' enclosed. It is perfect. I can still drive on city roads but it is a bit big. Parking is no fun but lets face it your in Montana. Nothing but big sky out thar.

wriken
07-29-2003, 09:43 PM
I have no problems with my 25' v-nose

Albemarle Lawn
07-30-2003, 12:15 AM
The only use for a monster trailer like that is if you specialize in big properties where you only do 1-3 stops per day.

What a nuisance to drive a house on wheels everywhere you go.

My rig is 22' long. Truck and trailer have been replaced with truck only. I used to have an 18' x 8' Haulmark, I hated it and my employees would not drive it.

gorrell
07-30-2003, 12:40 AM
:) I've got a triple axle 26' gooseneck that hauls my 4 dixie choppers and I have no problems with it at all. Lots better than my previous 20' bumper hitch trailer.............Lynn

iski3d
07-30-2003, 05:33 PM
I have a 24 footer and honestly it is not that bad to drive around. lots of very narrow country roads here too, just dont drive it like its a sports car and u wont have any probs! go for it!