PDA

View Full Version : RedMax EB7000 Mine Came Today.

dhicks
10-02-2000, 08:54 PM
This is my first back pack blower and what a hoot as compared to the handhelds we have. It has plenty of power and a E-Z operation. I like to think of it as a street sweeper.

I just hope it lasts for a long time as I bought it from Alamia for $435.00 whereas my local RedMax dealer wanted $545.00 and tax. I doubt that I will be taking it to the local dealer for servicing. Oh well...

LoneStarLawn
10-02-2000, 09:01 PM
Your local dealer should still be able to service it...dealers still make money from manfac. when servicing the product no matter who sold it. When you buy a Ford truck you can take it to any dealer to have it serviced under warranty....

Grasscape Inc
10-02-2000, 09:31 PM
It doesn't work that way though lone star.

bob
10-02-2000, 09:35 PM
Servicing, What servicing!? If it's like my eb6200, nothing will go wrong with it. Mine's 2 1/2 years old a starts the first or second pull everytime !

LoneStarLawn
10-02-2000, 09:36 PM
Some of our equipment was bought on alamia.com and is serviced here in town no problem...maybe were lucky

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 10-03-2000 at 01:42 AM]

Keith
10-02-2000, 09:42 PM
I choose not to get a$$ raped by the local dealers as well. I bought my EB630 Shindaiwa from Alamia for well over $100 less than local.

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
10-02-2000, 09:56 PM
My echo dealer for example services echo stuff I didn't buy from him. Don't see why a shindaiwa dealer wouldn't do the same.

jaybee
10-02-2000, 10:23 PM
Any other web sites to buy equipment. Even if you don't buy it's nice to make a price comparison with the local dealer.

Scotty
10-02-2000, 11:38 PM
I made my first purchase from Alamia last week, I bought one EB7000 Redmax. We have three EB6200, there about two years old. Figured I better take advantage of the huge savings, free shipping an no tax. Saved $132.00.

landscaper3
10-02-2000, 11:43 PM
Should not matter where you buy it from. If there is warrenty work your local dealer gets paid by RedMax anyway. as far as regular servicing they will service most anything just dont tell em where ya got it.

dhicks
10-03-2000, 07:49 AM
Well if the dealer asked where I got the EB7000 from I will say it was a gift and leave it at that. It twas a gift that I bought for my birthday. I just know this dealer, and they service what they sell and the lowest form of life to them is a person who buys equipment some where else and then brings it to them for servicing. There is always more than one dealer too.

stick9
10-03-2000, 07:53 PM
Hey Scotty...

Maybe you should get ANOTHER eb7000 .. my 6200 is losing it and it's CRUNCH time!

STIcK-NinE

leeslawncare
10-03-2000, 09:11 PM
I got a 6200 had it a year come dec. had to get a new throttle handle .has any one else had any trouble w/the handle on these models? it busted the top bolt off .? my dealer "says it has never had a min. trouble out of them "but even after they fixed it it sill looks like a piss poor design on how it is attached .

Grasscape Inc
10-03-2000, 09:26 PM
same thing happend to the bolt on ours. Went to hardware and fixed it.

As far as warranty. WE bought REdmax hedge clippers from Alamia, and they wouldn't run after 2 weeks. Took it to the ONLY REd MAX dealer in town..
"We don't fix things you don't buy here".

The kicker is that I spend ALOT of money in that place.

Keith
10-03-2000, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Grasscape Inc
same thing happend to the bolt on ours. Went to hardware and fixed it.

As far as warranty. WE bought REdmax hedge clippers from Alamia, and they wouldn't run after 2 weeks. Took it to the ONLY REd MAX dealer in town..
"We don't fix things you don't buy here".

The kicker is that I spend ALOT of money in that place.

So basically what he is saying is "What have you done for me lately?" If you are not packing cash in his pockets all the time, you are a POS. Good thing you found out about this jackass before you wasted any more money at his establishment. Frickin' bastards. What the hell is that all about. What loyalty do they show you? Do they spend money with you? Hell no, it's a one way street. "Spend all your money here or you won't get service."

[Edited by Keith on 10-04-2000 at 03:47 AM]

jaclawn
10-06-2000, 08:03 AM
Dealers are supposed to work on anything, but sothing says that they have to do it in a timely manner, or for a reasonable cost.

A few years back, I was looking for a new 21" commercial lawn boy. I got a price from a catalog. Including shipping, it was $150 lower than the local dealer was, with tax.

I went into the local dealer(with whom I have spent thousands over the years) and asked him if he could do anything on his price. I didn't ask him to beat it, I didn't ask him to match it, just see what he could do. Little did he know that if he were to even get close, I was prepared to buy on the spot. He offered nothing.

I bought it from the catalog, paid the shipping, and it arrived in a few days.

The mower borke after about a week. The drive quit. I pulled off the deck cover, and nosed around. I thought that a spring had come off, and that was what the problem was.

I went into the local dealer, and asked to look at a parts breakdown, so that I could purchase the spring. I didn't want warranty, I didn't want anything but the purchase of the spring.

Well, he didn't even want to acknowledge my presence. He offered no help.

I left the store, and have never been back.