PDA

View Full Version : Fall clean up's

turkp15
07-30-2003, 07:53 PM
What do you guy's do or offer in your fall clean up's?

~Jeff

GLAN
07-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Whoa................there laddy.................:eek:

To soon for me to be thinking LEAVES................;)

Fall cleanup is just that, and that is what we do. Clean up the fallen leaves, clean out the annuals, continue cutting. Winter fertilizer.

Nozzleman
07-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Clean up and removal of the leaves from the property.

Let it Grow
07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm planning on doing complete leaf removal, and I'll try to sell them on gutter cleaning too...just to help bring in some extra cash.

Live4Mowin'
07-30-2003, 09:41 PM
I try to mulch the leaves when they are not to deep and clean leaves out of beds. When we bag the leaves we usually leave(no pun intended) them at the property in paper lawn refuse bags for their disposal service to take them.

Gravely_Man
07-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Nice moneymaker and this is not a service included in weekly mowing. This would involve either the removal or mulching of all of the leaves and cleaning out of the beds.

Gravely_Man

drobson
07-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Ditto what everyone else said, plus I let the customer know of anything I think may create a problem over the winter. Such as branches that look like they might come down with the snow. This way I can try and sell them on some extras with the fall cleanup, instead of just leaves. Plus, if they are a regular customer, it's a nice preventative measure to help them winterize their property so the spring cleanup will not be as hard, and keeping the property up from year to year just makes it look better for you.

GLAN
07-31-2003, 02:06 PM
What Drobson said about the spring cleanup being not as difficult. If nothing else that should be your main motivator for doing complete fall cleanups.

We leave ours spotless, but those silly Oaks......:dizzy:

The Lawn Boy Pro
07-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Most peoples are convinced they need their gutters cleaned after I'm done talking to them! "Any buildup in gutters can lead to costly home repairs due to water backflow under shingles and can eventually rot walls in homes, which attracts termites and other bugs that can eat walls away..." I love being a salesman:D

GLAN
07-31-2003, 05:51 PM
absolutely lawn boy..........:)

Shuter
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Glan, it is never too early to be selling fall clean-ups, it is just too early to be thinking about the work. My company offers a full yard clean-up, which bascially is picking-up and removing from the property all debris (leaves and sticks) that has fallen during the Fall season. I have about 25 extra customers that are only Fall and Spring clean-ups. I hope to increase the extra customer list this Fall and will start scheduling the clean-ups in Sept., with the work starting at the end of Oct or Nov. I find the clean-ups do add a lot to the gross sales bottom line.

GLAN
07-31-2003, 09:41 PM
OK. Yes. Never to early to sell any service.

In my case. We don't do any extra cleanups. We have a full dance card as it is.

tiedeman
07-31-2003, 09:42 PM
clean up of leaves from landscaping beds & lawn and also the removal of them from their property...but there are some that let us blow them into their woods, which are the best:D

proenterprises
07-31-2003, 10:24 PM
clean-ups. we generally remove all leaves, dead and unsightly debris and give the property a final cut for the winter.

generally just leaving the place looking nice for the next season.

BUT ALWAYS--give the places a last cut when you do a clean-up...you will save yourself alot of time in the spring.

chefdrp
07-31-2003, 11:39 PM
In my area when i give an estimate i tell them i do fall and spring clean up also. They always say" Ok good i was going to ask you if you did".

Joemowz
08-01-2003, 10:57 AM
What do you guys get for fall clean-up removal. I charge around $200, & try to do a weekly clean-up starting mid-Oct thru Thanksgiving. Oh, the $200 is for the season, not per-visit.
-- Joe

GLAN
08-01-2003, 02:30 PM
I am in that range of price, but my cleanups start first week of November end around mid December. Imposible for us to keep a weekly schedule. They get 3 visits during that time.

We do blow out and remove the leaves all during October. It's just that once the clocks change I can't kee the same hours daily. So that is why for me anyway our "cleanups" start first week in November.

Remsen1
08-01-2003, 02:48 PM
Lawnboy, That sales pitch probably gets you plenty of business, but I am afraid to make pitches like that cause I worry that after making the pitch what if those problems happen inspite of the gutters being cleaned (by me). Has this ever happened to you? I reckon you could just say "the gutters should've been cleaned sooner".

bobbygedd
08-01-2003, 03:14 PM
what are u doing for the $200? are we talking weekly visits from mid october till thanksgiving? plus disposal? around here, it is very rare to have to haul leaves. most townships allow you to just leave them curbside in a pile. we charge for grasscutting until mid october. after that we clean leaves until december, the work is priced accordingly anywhere from as low as $75 for a one time visit, to $400-600 for the season.

GLAN
08-01-2003, 03:58 PM
$400-600 for the season.

OK I'm movin a little south. Exit 9 right Bobby?

The Lawn Boy Pro
08-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Remsen1
Lawnboy, That sales pitch probably gets you plenty of business, but I am afraid to make pitches like that cause I worry that after making the pitch what if those problems happen inspite of the gutters being cleaned (by me). Has this ever happened to you? I reckon you could just say "the gutters should've been cleaned sooner". I just throw in "Its a POSSIBLE cause of deteriation of your home. After all, the less possibilites of small problems leads to less possibility of BIG problems". This way I'm off the hook:D

LAWNGODFATHER
08-01-2003, 05:19 PM
I offer a service no one else does.

I offer to remove the leaves from the trees before they fall.

This way I can start leaf removal in late September.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by GLAN
$400-600 for the season.

OK I'm movin a little south. Exit 9 right Bobby? Exit 5

GLAN
08-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Exit 5

Nice :)

Think that is not as far :D Woo hoo, that will be a short move :blob3:

GLAN
08-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
I offer a service no one else does.

I offer to remove the leaves from the trees before they fall.

This way I can start leaf removal in late September.

LOL :)

I am envisioning all the ways you can try doing that. Most of them are damn funny :D

Joemowz
08-01-2003, 07:43 PM
I think I need to raise up my fee's, & cut down on my visits[ most are removals to the dump]

bobbygedd
08-02-2003, 12:49 AM
exit 9 my brother. where men are men, and the sheep, and switchless, run scared. yup, we have one time cleanups that go for 4-6 bills, and my "full service" clients, the ones with oak trees, are charged usually 4-5 bills for basically the month of november. tell u why. we call it grass cutting until mid october, the grass is still growing a little, and the leaves are just starting to fall. after mid oct, we usually dont come around again till the first week in november. then we usually do the first week in november, the second week, maybe the third, and the last week is usually the last time they see us. sometimes, we go the first week in dec for final cleanup. all depends on the weather. mind you, we charge alot, its worth every nickle though, oak trees never seem to run out of leaves.

bobbygedd
08-02-2003, 12:51 AM
but glan, dont move too far south, its almost impossible to find a chic with as many teeth as a fieldmouse.

Zattpazz
08-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Same here.

GLAN
08-08-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
but glan, dont move too far south, its almost impossible to find a chic with as many teeth as a fieldmouse.

What about the female fieldmice? How many teeth they have?........;)

bobbygedd
08-08-2003, 10:40 PM
like one, two tops

GLAN
08-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Damn....................:eek: