PDA

View Full Version : Contracts???

jh88
07-30-2003, 11:56 PM
I have heard people talking about contracts and i'm not new but haven't been in buisseness very long. I have my customers pay bi-weekly. I only have a few so it is pretty simple. I'm not sure if i want to change to contracts but if i do where do i start. Maybe i could see some samples or ideas to get me started.

Team Gopher
08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Would this help? I found it online.

A1 Grass
08-01-2003, 07:14 PM
I am a kinda-newbie also.

I get paid upon completion. If they are not home I get a check under the back-door-mat. I don't see the need for me to use contracts until I have enough to hire employees. I still manage to get most of my customers on a regular schedule. The point is, for what I'm doing, I can't see what a contract would even do for me.

DennisF
08-08-2003, 04:33 PM
A contract isn't necessary, but it's good to have some kind of document that describes exactly what services are to be performed and how much is being charged for them. I have my customers sign an agreement stating the services and the prices charged. I give them a copy and place one copy in a customer file. This way if the customer asks why something is or isn't being done you can refer them to the signed agreement.

GLAN
08-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Some will never understand the value in having contracts. That's OK.

The benefits of having contracts are above and beyond.

Search "contracts" much has already been talked about.

dougmartin2003
08-31-2003, 04:52 PM
i dont care if you pick up dog shiittt for a living if your are going to make money at it get it in writing. to many people want to sue other people now a days. just makes good sence to have a contract