PDA

View Full Version : Striping w/ Ransomes

EmeraldLawncare
07-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Hoorah. Last night i bought a used Ransomes Bob-Cat 36" walk behind with a 12.5 hp Kawasaki. It cut my mowing times down at least half.

Anyway...

Does anyone know anything about striping with Ransomes mowers? I searched around, and looks like they are okay.

Team Gopher
08-04-2003, 03:51 AM
Hi EmeraldLawncare,

Did you see this thread (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29395)?

Here is a quote from it.
"I had a Ransomes Bobcat 48" w/12.5 kaw. Great mower. I bought it used then sold it after a couple years. It was the best stripping mower I've ever owned."

mowdini
08-10-2003, 09:49 PM
I have a 54" Ransomes (Bobcat) mower with a 14hp Kawi engine. It is the best striping mower in the industry. I just got done doing my own lawn (last one to get cut) and it was thick, lush and long with all the rain we have had in the last two weeks but the Bobcat disperses grass out of the discharge chute like no other mower I have ever seen. There were only one or two spots where it clumped a little bit.

Farmer
08-10-2003, 10:18 PM
I have a 48" cut Bobcat with a 14 hp Kohler.. it mows great, i also have a 62" cut Toro and I prefer the Bobcat's striping over the Toro anyday, don't get me wrong the Toro has a very clean crisp cut, but just doesn't stripe like the Bobcat