PDA

View Full Version : Leveling and Seeding yard

adeaver
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Our house is 4 years old. The finial grade was rather poorly done and the yard has never been level. This spring we put in a pool which has not helped the situation. I had thought of tilling up the yard and starting over, which is still a possibility. I did get an estimate from a professional which I can not afford to pay. So in short here is my question. Will a Harley rake help me to smooth out and level my yard? I do have access to a tractor with a frontend loader and can rent just about anything else I might need. So any suggestions will be greatly appricated.

Allen

Lombardi
07-31-2003, 02:55 PM
How big is the yard in sq. ft.? Many trees or other obstacles? What is the condition of the current turf?

Mike Bradbury
08-02-2003, 12:07 AM
harley would do a dandy job, but it's not for a novice. Takes a LOT of practice before you're good with it (don't own one, just done lots of reading because I'm interested).
Like Vince said: how big?

simplicityjeff
09-08-2003, 09:19 PM
I would drop some top soil, which depending on the size may be a lot, and I would spread it with a bob cat - you can rent one of those puppies for about $200/day.