PDA

View Full Version : Pics of our equip and trailer mods

syzer
10-03-2000, 12:24 AM
Here are some pics of our equip. I will pull them off and get better pics later but check them out.

http://www.members.home.net/mane/mower/

Turf Kutter
10-03-2000, 12:35 AM
Cool trailer mods. Who makes it?That side ramp looks like it saves a lot of time instead of taking the ztr out then gettind the walkbehind out after mowing then putting the walkbehind back then the ztr back.

KirbysLawn
10-03-2000, 12:41 AM
Very nice trailer set-up! Nice mower also. ;)

Is all that new?

[Edited by KirbysLawn on 10-03-2000 at 04:45 AM]

lawncutters
10-03-2000, 12:47 AM
Nice Pics. How do you like that peco vac? I have one on a 455 John Deere and it is the best thing i have ever used for leaves!!!!!!!! I have thought about getting them for my Exmark Lazers but they look smaller and i was not sure how they would work.

yardsmith
10-03-2000, 01:28 AM
Looks like you got it set up pretty efficient. Best move I ever made was to get a 2-ramp trailer with my 20 footer. Had the old switcheroo headache with the old one; not anymore!
Looks like you got a small fortune wrapped up in blowers & trimmers too; doesn't take long! Like that Dodge too-is it diesel or 360?

Sammy
10-03-2000, 02:10 AM
Nice pics. Looks like a great outfitted rig.

guntruck
10-03-2000, 06:21 AM
Turf Kutter karavan makes the trailer but syzer and myself made all the mods welded the gate up and all the side rails along with the diamond plate. Yardsmith yes its a cummins diesel, very nice truck i love it, in case your wondering im syzers brother/partner =). And the peco vac is pretty awesome works great when we were dethatching the other day what a nice clean up =).

stslawncare
10-03-2000, 08:13 AM
wow, amazing. love ur setup, u got a nice truck, nice mowers nice trailer and all. even have a dash light to i noticed??

dhicks
10-03-2000, 08:23 AM
Your equipment and stuff looks great. BTW, were the photos taken with a digital camera? The resolution of the photos are wonderful.

Eric ELM
10-03-2000, 08:28 AM
You 2 have a nice setup there. I know guys that have been in the business for many years that don't have that nice of a setup. I hope you 2 do good in this business and good luck to you both. Going into a business with a relative can screw up a relationship, so be aware of this and don't let it happen to you.

Stinger
10-03-2000, 09:17 AM
That's too nice of a set up not to have your name & number on it. Get some signs on that puppy! Like the side ramp also, looks real trick.

lawrence stone
10-03-2000, 09:38 AM
The truck needs greedy boards.

How can you be in the lawn care biz w/o greedy boards?

cos
10-03-2000, 11:07 AM
Nice set up and nice truck too. I like the gate on the side. You can use either piece of equipment without having to move others around. Maybe i'll have my uncle make something like that for me. Ihate getting to a lawn and having to move two walkbehinds to get to the frist one on the trailer.

guntruck
10-03-2000, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys for all the compliments we have recieved many good ideas from all of you!! As for the camera yes digital other than that you must ask Chris (syzer) about the resolution hes the pc wiz =). thx guys

syzer
10-03-2000, 07:51 PM
Yeah thanks for all the compliments, now we just need to get some accounts in the spring and we're rolling.

The digital photos were taken with a sony dsc-f505 the weird looking camera with the carl zeiss lens. Great camera. Pics were taken at 1024x768 and then reduced to 800x600.

As for the stickers with the name and number there on the way =).

Thanks again...

Chris

Precision Landscaping

stick9
10-03-2000, 08:15 PM
Hey Syzer!

That's a cool place to put yer whip string!

Do you take before/after shots of your lawns with that Sony camera?

Nice looking stuff, man.

SticK-NinE

syzer
10-03-2000, 08:26 PM
Again thanks, we dont have many accounts yet so i havent actullay taken any before after...but soon i will and i will post.

BUSHMASTER
10-03-2000, 09:01 PM
Great set up........You have a rig to be proud of .....your cofidence level ought to be right on up there. you should have no problem getting out there and charging top dollar with that image....congrats on your future success.

bob
10-03-2000, 09:09 PM
Great looking set up. Everything is placed perfect on your trailer. I like those side gates!

LoneStarLawn
10-03-2000, 09:25 PM
Where is the water cooler....your water cooler rack is empty and I'm thirsty...lol...No actually great setup.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 10-04-2000 at 01:33 AM]

syzer
10-03-2000, 09:30 PM
hehe yeah working on that part =)....we are getting ready to mount the ez gate on it, a jungle sheath for the gas trimmer and a holder for the stihl pole pruner...all in good time. I will post more pics of better quality this weekend when i get some time.

syzer
10-03-2000, 09:38 PM
incase you guys wonder what the trailer looked like originally you can see it in this pic:

http://www.powerweb.net/karavan/Products/products_files/util1.jpg

We obviously didnt waste money on the wooden sides.

Chris
Precision Landscaping, LLC

lawrence stone
10-03-2000, 09:39 PM
Syzer wrote:

>Yeah thanks for all the compliments, now we just need to get some accounts in the spring and we're rolling.

If you want to be sucessful next season you need to start working on getting commercial/industrial accounts NOW.

yardsmith
10-03-2000, 11:53 PM
Hate to ask, but how much did Karavan stick you for that trailer? I know diff. parts of the country are more pricey than others.
I got my 20 ft. tandem axle with brakes on 1 axle, rear gate & side gate, treated 2x8's for flooring, & the usual lights & stuff for $1500. Couldn't beat that with a stick, so I jumped on it.
I'll try to get a pic of it up soon; it has gate pins that are much less headache than what karavan has for keeping the gate up & locked in place.

TLS
10-04-2000, 12:07 AM
Gate pins are the thing to have. Those strap steel bars and cotter pins are a hassle. Anyone use those EZ-Gates yet. Do you need one on each side? Or just one. I have a 2 piece gate that I lift together. Too much hassle separating them. But by the end of the day it gets heavy! Any Ideas?

Nice rig though Syzer. Why is the side gate leaning in? Use rods/pins and keep it 90 degrees. Nice Truck too!! Love that marbles-in-a-blender sound at idle@!@

guntruck
10-04-2000, 06:26 AM
Cant really tell you why we made the gate that way we just did it is really easy to change, maybe we will as for the trailer........ hehe you ready for this i think im not positive but i think it was 2200$$$ 18 ft 2x12's for decking and came with no rails and just the seperable galvanized gate. The EZ gate you only need 1 i believe it will be here in a day we will have it on and post some piks for you to view =).

jaclawn
10-04-2000, 06:46 AM
I didn't see the gun on the truck?

Runner
10-04-2000, 08:26 AM
Dixie, If you or anyone else is considering an ez gate, just build your own. You're far better off! I made one, used an 80# garage door spring, and I can lift my gate with one finger. With an ez gate, you still have a substantial amount of weight there. Oh yeah, I've got about 20 bucks into mine, and the pulley system is alot heavier duty too. I took it to a show about two weeks ago, and all the guys at the show went NUTS over it! I'll try to post some pics of it when I post pics of my rig on here. Good luck with it!

Turf Kutter
10-04-2000, 11:23 AM
Don`t forget about Eric`s E-Z Gate set-up:D.http://www.elmlawnsite.com/page6.html

guntruck
10-04-2000, 08:58 PM
BTW what in the hay are greedy boards stoner?