PDA

View Full Version : Office XP question on mail merge function

LawnLad
08-03-2003, 01:29 PM
With Office XP, is there a way to mail merge one line of information from an excel sheet into an individual word document? I do not want to merge the whole list from excel thereby creating a list of new word documents.

I keep my list of renewal customers and their bids on a spread sheet. My contract is a word document where I could set it up to merge with the info from excel. This is fine for renewals when I'm doing a bunch of them. But as I add new propsective customer and their bids to the list, I'd like to just merge that one line of contract information into my template contract. Boom badda bing.

How would I do perform this merge for a single line of information?

Team Gopher
08-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Hey LawnLad,

Until someone else is able to get you a more specific answer, here would be a place to do more research on this topic.

Link. (http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?View=en-us&p=1&s=0&c=3&st=b&qu=Office+XP+mail+merge&na=30)

LawnLad
08-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks Gopher. I was poking around on the MS website, but didn't find the page you linked. Thanks much. I followed your link to a message board for posting quesitons that MS people will answer. We'll see.

Team Gopher
08-04-2003, 03:43 AM
Hey LawnLad,

If you find a solution to your question from Microsoft consider posting in this thread so that other's can use it as a reference in the future :)

yardboyltd
08-04-2003, 05:04 AM
Yes there is a way, but the computer I'm presently using doesn't have Office, so I can't walk you through it. I'll try and update you on it later.

Cooper Landscaping
08-04-2003, 05:21 AM
I'm doing this off the top of my head right now because I'm in Japan and don't have access to a computer with these programs until I get home (2 days! woohoo lol). When you go through all the steps of merging, one of your choices should be something like "merge all records" and another choice is "Merge records from (#) to (#)". check the second box and choose the record numbers of the customers you want to merge. I have found it is much easier to merge from Access to Word rather than Excel to Word. If you're interested, PM and I can make you a basic database in Access and copy your customer list over. Data entry is also a lot faster and more versatile in Access. You can set up forms and queries and reports, unlike Access. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

-Coop