PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Rack

LoneStarLawn
10-03-2000, 06:13 PM
We want to get a new trailer that has 4' sides of metal mesh (I think thats what it is called). The thing is that I want to get a trimmer rack for the trailer, but all seem to not look like they would work with the trailer that we want. I really don't want someone to weld one for me because most are not made very well. Looking for one on the internet. Have checked out Trimmer Trap, Gear Caddy and both seem to look like they would not work. Any suggestions...

TLS
10-03-2000, 06:22 PM
The whole idea of a Trimmer Trap (very good unit) is its speed. No pins, lanyards, or 4.5 hands to undo a trimmer. I dont know where you would mount it as it must be accessable from the outside of you trailer. Unless you get an enclosed trailer mounted one and mounted in to the inside of your expanded metal. Why such high sides on the trailer? Your gonna need to walk all the way to the back, let down the gate, just to get to your edger or trimmer? Just some things to think about.

LoneStarLawn
10-03-2000, 06:28 PM
I want the trimmers and edgers on the outside still...

stslawncare
10-03-2000, 06:49 PM
hey,
i like the idea of the sides, by the way it is called expanded metal (steel mesh sides). i think they would come in handy for maybe mulch debris or what ever. do u have the actuall trailer yet? if not i think the best thing to do would be to get a custom made trailer just for u, have the sides welded to the frame and have stake slots on the outside of teh expanded metal. use the stake slots to mount the trimmer racks. any more questions?

Runner
10-03-2000, 07:57 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking, Scottie. I was wondering why the Trimmer Trap and others wouldn't work. Not high enough? If that was the case, just weld a brace on the inside of the trailer to the supports. It would be wel out of the way if you took the rack off. Personally, I built my own racks, andthey're bolted to the bottom of the trailer with upside down "T"s. I think they're better than the bought ones, because my trimmers ride on nice cushy U brackets, and don't roll and bounce all over. As a matter of fact, they stay upright - no gas leaking all over. I have about ten bucks wrapped up into both sides of my trailer. (4 trimmers)

LoneStarLawn
10-03-2000, 08:07 PM
We have looked to get one customed made but it ended up costing more to do it. If I were to make the trimmer racks my self what materials would I need off hand? Expended metal right I forgot I will remember now Thanks

Stinger
10-03-2000, 08:36 PM
Lone Star, Are you gonna get a Texas Bragg landscape trailer from Stones in Selma? I have the trimmertrap set up on mine and love it. Maybe you can check out my trailer since you're close by. There are alot of options to consider depending upon use. Let me know if I can help out!

LoneStarLawn
10-03-2000, 09:20 PM
We actually found one cheaper at KP trailers here in town but will consider your offer. Thanks...

landscaper3
10-03-2000, 09:27 PM
We have a 16' landscape trailer INTERNATIONAL brand Home Depo 7000gvw 5'mesh gate daul axle with brakes on all wheels less than $1900.00 we have the trimmer trap and blower rack and gas totes and more im not sure if they have a web site you might try http://www.techgear.com or trimmertrap.com there phone # is800-279-8727 they have very user friendly bolt on give em a look.