PDA

View Full Version : New Guys Job - Please comment

twins_lawn_care
08-05-2003, 12:53 PM
We are just starting out, and wanted to show some of our work and get some feedback. Any comments appreciated as we are in the learning process. This job we basically removed all trees along the side of the house. Let us know how it looks, and any suggestions, comments welcome!
Thanks
TWINS Lawn Care

twins_lawn_care
08-05-2003, 12:55 PM
here's after we got through

twins_lawn_care
08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
The whole front of the house was a big project for us, which we worked on also. Mainly the front bushes and the two tall pines. Basicall before we started, you could not walk on the sidewalk, and the pines almost touched the ground with dead branches. We evened them off to a healthy height, and did the best we could.
The customer was more than happy with the work, as they have not had any work done in 6 years!

Any comments appreciated, as we are new and learning.

Thanks

Grassmechanic
08-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Nice improvements. Now, get them to remove those overgrown yews and add some modern landscaping to the front.

chefdrp
08-06-2003, 12:32 AM
i agree with mike. they need some newer landscape designs.

twins_lawn_care
08-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

We totally agree that they need some up to date landscaping, but they wanted to work with what they had for now.
I wish we had bought the camera earlier to have the before shot, but take my word for it, it was bad!

Just curious, about what would you guys charge to have done just the side of the house, where we removed 2 Mulberry trees?

We are still learning the ins and outs of estimating, and any help is better than none.
Thanks!
TWINS Lawn Care

Grassmechanic
08-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Twins - I would have removed those trees for around $250, give or take.

Team Gopher
08-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Hey Twins_lawn_care,

Nice work! The property looks a lot cleaner now :)

GLAN
08-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Good Job!!

If they are set on keeping the Yews. Why not sell them a project to bring the beds forward, rework the perennials (looks like prennials in there) Do an in front under planting of Azaleas or somthing, make the Yews look smaller.

Side where the fence is. Clean it out and lay down some fabric and gravel

Green in Idaho
08-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Wooo HOOOO !!!!

You should be on HGTV! Curb appeal all the way!!!

WHAT the hel is that pvc pipe running on the side of the house??????????

Come-on, my granma can cut down a shrub and trim two shrubs.... show us some work and some talent...
:D

The shrubs are not even EVEN. The one on the left is lower. Look at the window panes compared to the top of the shrub....

Two trees?? Four saw cuts and hauled to the curb to chop in 8' sections... that's before breakfast on a Monday....Come on....

If they are happy--- Great! But nothing to blow horns about... Keep going... show me something COOOL!

And again, WHAT IS THAT PVC looking crapp on the side of the side of the house!!!

twins_lawn_care
08-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the honest opinion.
I am new to the business, and this site. One thing I did learn so far is a lot of silly bickering matches get started on this board. Not me, I'll make all comments useful in some way.
Thanks for the honest replies. Though sometimes they seem brutal, they will help me grow.
With all the right equipment, we probably could have done the job quicker, but you gotta start somewhere.
Thanks for the honesty, I was glad to get some honest feedback.

twins_lawn_care
08-07-2003, 08:33 AM
And the owner is in love with that PVC pipe.
She wouldn't let us touch it. We tried.:confused:

Green in Idaho
08-07-2003, 11:23 AM
With your good attitude you will continue to succeed.

So is the PVC the sprinkler line??

twins_lawn_care
08-07-2003, 12:24 PM
The PVC is really just connected to her gutter drains. She had it installed to run to the front of the house, so her backyard didn't get the water. She likes how it keeps the water away from her backyard swing. The customer is the boss, so the ugly white snake stayed. Could have been done much nicer, even buried. Maybe I'll suggest that now that she can walk on teh side of the house. Looks like a possibility for more work.
I'd be scared to work in the backyard though, I think I saw Sasquash back there when I peeked! :D