PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Trailers

Turf Kutter
10-03-2000, 10:10 PM
I have seen before in my old Pace American catalog I saw a side ramp door that was 36 through like 50 but I am really not sure. I know it was above 36.Does anybody know about this? I thought it was pretty cool on the enclosed but the new Pace catalogs it is not there anymore.I wonder why!!!!!Any more information about the side ramp for enclosed trailers will be appreciated.Thanks.

KirbysLawn
10-03-2000, 10:17 PM
Here is a Haulmark with the V front and ramp door.

http://haulmark.com/gifs/99vtrack.gif

Turf Kutter
10-03-2000, 10:40 PM
Hmmmm would`nt that front ramp hit the back of the truck? Do they have that in like a 15 foot trailer size?

KirbysLawn
10-03-2000, 10:47 PM
Here is a link to the spec sheet, looks like 16' is the shortest.

http://haulmark.com/fhp.htm

TLS
10-03-2000, 10:51 PM
That trailer is for snowmobiles, so they can drive right out of the front. But that door sounds like a good idea for a side mount. Don't see it offered on their site though. Tough site to navigate. They do make quality trailers.

Turf Kutter
10-03-2000, 10:53 PM
In my opinion it looks kinda funny with the wheels partially under the trailer.

KirbysLawn
10-03-2000, 11:12 PM
Dixie, I have a Haulmark so do others here, we all seem very happy with the quality and price. Another trailer is under the car hauler section... http://haulmark.com/fhp.htm

mdb landscaping
10-04-2000, 05:29 PM
hey turfkutter, i too am going to purchase an enclosed trailer in the spring. through extensive research i narrowed it down to car mate and pace 7 by 16. the only problem was that pace didnt have the v-nose option. so i was curious and called the factory. she said they offer it as of now and starting production on a v-nose right this minute but they havent put out the new catalogs with them. i would call them and see if they are going to be offering the side door as well. i would also say to check with the open trailers. a lot of those manufacturers offer a side gate. try wrighttrailers.com.

turfman99
10-04-2000, 07:06 PM
Looks like it is probably a foot wider than if the trailer was set inside the axle housing?? That could be an advantage if the axles are speced to the weight.

We are converting to enclosed trailers this next spring. I anticipate a MAJOR reduction in support times for loading and unloading. Equipment only comes off or service. Locked in the trailer in our secure lot, sounds good to me.

mdb landscaping
10-04-2000, 09:02 PM
check out the Interstate west v-nose ATX. i think you can only get a 24' and higher but it has a front door that swings down like you were looking for. its at
interstatewest.com/trailers

Duncan IN
11-26-2000, 04:31 AM
One thing that is really nice about the v-nose atx is that it has two side doors for fueling mowers without unloading them. Nice! I was wondering if I went with and enclosed how I would fill up at the station. Now I know. I am thinking about getting V-nose 20' enclosed trailer

beck
11-27-2000, 09:44 PM
For Haulmark the largest available side ramp is 60".

TLS
11-28-2000, 10:19 AM
How do you guys with an enclosed trailer gas/fuel up at the gas station? To be honest, I've never seen an enclosed trailer at the gas station. Do you have to unload everything? I'm bad enough now, taking up 3 sets of pumps when I go there with my open 16'er. It's a pretty busy station and people would flip out if I were to unload everything to fuel up.

CCLC
11-28-2000, 11:32 AM
We don't send everyone to the gas station any more for fuel stops. We just send one person early in the AM or when we are finished for the day. We NEVER fuel up inside the enclosed trailer and it is a waste of time to unload everything to fill up. We put a 105 gallon transfer tank in the back of the truck for the mowers. When the mowers run low they just pull up next to the trucks and fill'r up.

KirbysLawn
11-28-2000, 01:34 PM
I pull my enclosed trailer to the pumps with the back door at the nozzle. It then can reach both mowers at most pumps.

chrisbolte
11-30-2000, 01:27 AM
I pull my side door up to pump. I have to be exactly positioned or the hose will not reach the mower. I only have about 6 inches to spare.