PDA

View Full Version : Honda Mower Trouble

TyWebb
08-07-2003, 04:36 PM
I've really enjoyed my new Honda mower, however recently my friend and I sharpened the blades and now its doing the most peculiar thing. Every other row I'm leaving a "mohawk" trail that the blade just seems to be missing. I took the blades off and had them checked at a local shop and they said they were sharp and balanced. Has anyone else had this problem. These are the quadracut blades.

Catcher
08-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Not familiar with Honda mowers or quadracut blades, since you refer to the blades in plural I am assuming you have more than one blade. If this is the case, it would appear that one side cuts slightly higher than the other - giving you the 'mohawk' effect.
Check to make sure the deck is level.
Check to see if there are any washers between the blades and spindle-mounts. Perhaps one side has a different size or amout of washers than the other side.
I would give everything a good looking over to see where the difference in height comes from.
Wish I could be more specific, but as I mentioned - I am not familiar with this set-up.
Good luck.

saw man
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Which Honda mower do you have?

TyWebb
08-08-2003, 12:23 PM
I have the Harmony II.

redbull
08-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TyWebb
I have the Harmony II.

Make sure blades are not bent - I have owned a Honda rider before - Engine was great (13 h Lig cooled) but the deck was crap. make sure deck is not bent - that was a problem with mine, deck would bend if you looked at it hard

TyWebb
08-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Actually, I figured it out last night. Turns out with these "mulching" double blades if you don't cut the grass often enough it has a hard time doing an "even" job. I decided to try mowing a couple times a week and that seems to have corrected the problem.