PDA

View Full Version : Balancer shipping time.

mach9
08-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Hello,
Just wondering when the Mag 1000 balancer I ordered may be shipped. It was ordered July 1st. Thanks.

Magna-Matic
08-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Mack,

You emailed me about this already, and i gave you the ship date. Your balancer was shipped Tuesday, you should recieve it very soon.

Thank you,

mach9
08-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Gerd,
Yes, UPS delivered the balancer this morning and I already have it mounted. I did a couple of initial checks, if anyone is interested.
First, I checked some used blades that I had resharpened and balanced using the "hanging chad" method. Just a 1/8" brass peg protruding from my grinder stand. Well, 3 blades that checked perfectly by this method were nowhere close with the Magna-Matic. It is much more sensitive. I was able to easily bring the blades into balance in just a few minutes with the Mag 1000. I'm sure I'll get more proficient with a little practice.
Also, I checked two new blades I had recently purchased for my personal MTD 42" rider. One of these blades was in perfect balance. The other was NOT. Just a little grinding off of one end put the other one in balance also.
All in all, I think this tool will be a great addition to my shop, and help me provide a better service to my customers, which is what it's all about anyway.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Mack Johnson