PDA

View Full Version : Heating oil prices

Cutter1
10-03-2000, 11:21 PM
Prices in gas and heating oil are pretty high lately. Makes me think people may want firewood this year and you may be able to charge a bit more than usuall. Just a thought.

landscaper3
10-03-2000, 11:25 PM
Our home is heated by a monerter heater very cheap on K1 fuel we fill our tank 250gallon 2 1/2 times a year and we live in Maine (BRRRRRRRRRRRRR-CCCOOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD) here in winter, if i had to replace It would be hard to go with another heat source. I belive the prices on K1 and oil are close.

Richard Martin
10-04-2000, 01:47 AM
I heard on National Public Radio yesterday that firewood is already becoming scarce in New England. It could be a long winter.

dhicks
10-04-2000, 09:18 AM
I feel sorry for the folks in the NE that depend on heating oil. I guess for some it will be Heat or Eat. Some of my friends in Deven, Mass, said the past two winters were rather mild as compared to the typical winter. This year, they are expecting a tough winter and a cord of wood is going for almost $200.00 OUCH!

mykee
10-04-2000, 11:53 AM
I AM IN S/W LOWER mICHIGAN AND HAVE A NEW MODULAR HOME BEING SET NEXT WEEK. tHE GAS COMPANY WE HAVE BEEN USING ANNOUNCED A SUMMER RATE OF 79.9. THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN IN MY WIFES NAME AS WE ARE LIVING IN HER HOUSE AFTER SELLING MINE. IASKED SERVICE BE PUT IN MY NAME AT THE NEW HOUSE AND THEY SAID THE HAD A BARGAIN FOR NEW ACCOUNTS WHERE THEY SET THE TANK AND FILL IT FOR 50 CENTS PER GALLON SO I IMMEDIATELY TOOK THEM UP ON THAT OFFER THEN I PREPAID FOR ANOTHER $250 AT THE SUMMER RATE WHICH THEY ACCEPTED THROUGH THE 15 OF LAST MONTH. BOTTOM LINE IS THE DAY I PREPAID AT 79.9 THE GOING PRICE THAT DAY WAS ALREADY AT 1.219. I FIGURE I STOLE THE FIRST 400 GALLON AT JUST .50 CENTS

Barkleymut
10-04-2000, 08:29 PM
Heating Oil??? Don't we have global warming going on? DON'T VOTE GORE!!!!! what a schmuck

Scraper
10-05-2000, 02:40 PM
I hope not! I heat primarily with wood! From what I've seen though the prices are getting up there for wood already. paid around $100/cord last year and now some are up to $150. Wish I had thinned my back woods in the spring like I had planned! At least then I'd have some well seasoned wood by now!!!

By the way...anyone in the Philadelphia area selling any wood? I'm looking for 3-4 cords (for woodstove)! I am close to PA/DE border and can pick up. Let me know if so...my e-mail is Oscapes@yahoo.com

slingshot
10-05-2000, 09:34 PM
i get wood split 50.00 cord in ne pa