PDA

View Full Version : Sign Advertising

mtdman
08-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Anyone ever do the curbside signs advertising for business? The kind you put on busy street corners or highway exits. If so, how effective has this been?

Thanks.

:D

Lombardi
08-09-2003, 03:50 PM
I have metal signs that I put in my customer's yards while working there and for about a week after. I have received calls from others every time I do this. Due to the cost of the signs, I do not put them in public areas as you describe.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-09-2003, 03:59 PM
i use lawn signs they work great. i ordered 100 signs and got a huge discount.

Team Gopher
08-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Hi Mtdmaster,

Here is a link where we talked about silk screening signs that might be of interest to you too.

"Anyone have expierence with screen printing?" (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50322)

MP350
08-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I tried some road side signs worked great until code enforcement made me remove them.Was getting about 3 calls per week off one sign.

mtdman
08-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Around here, they'll just yank the signs every now and then. No fines, usually. I started out by putting out fliers on telephone poles with tear tags and larger signs on poles at street corners. I'm wanting to advertise for aeration and fall cleanup, and thought about graduating to bigger and better. Not sure if the threat of having the signs pulled quickly and the cost of the signs is worth any possible new service.

walker-talker
08-10-2003, 01:23 PM
mtdmaster, I just got back in town a few hours ago and should be ordering my screen printing supplies today. If you have the time and have a need to a lot of signs, doing them yourself is the way to go. Also, during different season you make different signs. The start-up cost might be high (I am guessing around $400 and that includes 50 signs), but will be worth it in the long run. To have someone make me 50 signs, 1 color and 1 side would cost me around $550. For $400 I am guessing I can make 50 signs, 3 colors with my logo front and back. Put these signs around the same neighborhood that you hang some doorhangers or fliers and you are talking about an effective marketing campaign.

If you are interested go to your local library, I am sure you can find many books on the subject. You can also email me and I will tell you more of what I know.

MATT

mtdman
08-12-2003, 01:19 AM
I have a supplier for the signs. That's not an issue. I just wanted to know what the effectiveness of these kind of signs are.

tiedeman
08-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I have some billboard signs up..they are like 5ft by 10ft. They bring in maybe 2 to 3 customers a year. Not bad for business.

Just check with your zoning regulations and county to see whether or not you can put them up.

walker-talker
08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
That's good to hear tiedeman, I am going to do something similar to that, but not sure if I can get away with it. My property back up to a carwash. As carwash customers pull in, they will be facing my property. I was thinking of making a 4X8 sign with my logo and phone number on it. Also, adjecent to my property and across the street is a very popular restaurant. I could put another one in that corner as to where the restaurant customers will see my sign as they leave. I am just not sure about all the zoning laws.

I had even thought about attaching lights to the signs. The property (my back lot) does not look good right now, so I want to get it into a little better shape before I go putting my name on it.

MATT

BBS
08-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker

I had even thought about attaching lights to the signs. The property (my back lot) does not look good right now, so I want to get it into a little better shape before I go putting my name on it.

MATT

yep lol I think thats a good first step...as for zoning laws,if it's your property you can put any type of advertisements you want...At least thats my law :cool: