PDA

View Full Version : Gas powered pole tree pruners

leeslawncare
10-04-2000, 07:17 PM
What do some of you guys that have gas powered tree pole pruners have ? I'am thinking of getting one now that fall is upon us an i want to know what is the best size of kind i should be looking for .help me out. Thanks

Vandora Lawn & Landscape
10-04-2000, 07:53 PM
I've used a tanaka which is made by echo or is it the other way around. Either way... the look identical and they feel identical. I had good luck with. Just make sure you keep the chain oiled and tighten properly..

jaybee
10-04-2000, 09:30 PM
I have the Stihl. I bought the longest one they make and although I don't use it on a regular basis I really like it. Echo makes one also which could also go by the Power Pruner name. That looks like a good product also. I also bought the hedge trimmer attatchment for my pruner and that comes in handy although it's pretty heavy to be using it all day. Great for trimming thee tops of evergreens that have gotten to high.

guntruck
10-04-2000, 09:57 PM
We also have a stihl pole pruner and we love it. It seems it would be a very good money maker and it speeds up production. It does get a bit heavy on the arms if you dont have the strap positioned right, only when its fully extended though.

awm
10-04-2000, 10:10 PM
Ive been real pleased with my pruner attachment
that goes on the ryobi. It does a good quick
job on 5inch and under.
T. Marks

Keith
10-04-2000, 10:55 PM
We ordered a Toro (Maruyama) this week. Mainly bought it because they are on sale for $329. Kinda tough not to buy it for that price.

BUSHMASTER
10-04-2000, 11:11 PM
Maruyama is supposed to be a top brand nothing wrong with them

Runner
10-05-2000, 12:28 AM
I opted to purchase the Echo over the Stihl. It has a longer reach than Stihls biggest model and has a 12" bar as opposed to a 10" bar on the Stihl. The handle setup is a little more comfortable to use as well.

Stinger
10-05-2000, 09:07 AM
One word: STIHL!

Premo Services
10-05-2000, 09:08 AM
I tried the stihl and echo pole trimmers and bought the echo for the same reasons runner did. I am very happy with the job mine does, although it does get a little heavy when using it for a while.I was also impressed at how quick it cuts through the larger branches.

TOSLC
10-05-2000, 02:22 PM
ECHO!!! It keeps going, and going, and going, and going...

I bought an Echo power pruner about a month ago and I honestly think it's the best piece of equipment I've ever bought!!!

The dealer I choose to buy from sells Echo, which by the way if any of you are in Southern Indiana Schmidt Engine's in Milroy, IN is the best people I've ever dealt with. I have Echo blowers, Echo trimmers, Echo chain saws, Echo hedge trimmers, Echo water pump, and now an Echo power pruner. I've yet to have any problems with any of them. knock on wood!!! So untill I start to have problems it's Echo all the way.

By the way the previous post is right, they are a little heavy. But well worth staying on the ground for.

ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO