PDA

View Full Version : Check the easy stuff first!

gorrell
10-05-2000, 12:00 PM
I was mowing with my new DC s'burb'n turb'n the other day and the left engine started backfiring and then it stopped altogether. Would'nt start no matter what I did. Finished that job using just one engine. I got back home and checked the engine for spark and that was ok, then pulled the fuel line and alas, no fuel! As I investigated further, I found that both the vents for both of the fuel tanks for that engine had obviously vibrated closed. No air, no fuel. I opened them and the motor fired and ran beautifully. Not a thing wrong except the closed vents, Sometimes you get lucky. Thanks, Lynn

TLS
10-05-2000, 12:22 PM
Lynn,

That would be a fun trick for someone to pull on someone else! When your in eatin' lunch or away from your DC someone could tighten your vent screws and really get you wondering what happened. I dont know why they even put them on there? Never tightened mine yet!

rats5656
10-05-2000, 09:54 PM
good trick i wiil try that one !!!!!!

Turf Kutter
10-05-2000, 11:47 PM
Wow that sounds wierd running on one engine.Just be glad "GOD" made two engines on some mowers.:D

John DiMartino
10-06-2000, 12:31 AM
mine tighten themselves all the time-it always gives me a warning of low power,but it always dies on my wife when shee's way in the back about 1000 ft from the house-down the hill and she doesnt know what it is,she doesnt like it very much because it has happened to her about 5 times this yr.I sometimes close them and they will vibrate shut by themselves too.My laughing at her when i pop the vent and start it ticks her off.